Chapter 1

"Jason Clifford Blossom! Get back here right now!" I yell, chasing after said boy. You see, Jason decided it would be amusing to drop a tarantula, which I am utterly terrified of, on my bed. Jason glances back, laughing before he slips and falls on the ground. I straddle his waist, holding his arms above his head as I glare at him.

"I like this position." He smirks, sending me a wink. I punch his chest, moving to get up, but he grips my hips, preventing me from doing so. "Nope, you gotta give me a kiss first."

"Yeah, when pigs fly."

"Must've flown before cause you were kissing me last night." I roll my eyes, standing up.

"Char! Father wants us inside!" Sebastian calls.

"Duty awaits." I sigh. "See you in an hour. Don't be late." I walk off, back towards my house.

"Tell that to Cheryl!" Jason yells, laughing afterward. I, once again, roll my eyes, closing the back door behind me. Father and Mother stand before me, Mother's infamous scowl on her face.

"Davina, sit." Father tells me. I take a seat next to Sebastian, crossing my legs. "Davina, today is a very important day. You have become of age and are ready to learn about the family business."

"We make syrup."

"Hush. There are secrets we have not told you, but your mother and I have agreed that you are old enough to be told of them. After school, you will come straight home."

"But Jason has practice."

"Sebastian will pick you up. Now, finish getting ready for school."

~

"Jase, is there something about our parents' business we don't know about?" I ask, leaning back on my locker.

"I never thought so, but now Father wants to speak with Cheryl and I after practice." He replies, playing with my fingers. "Why so you ask?"

"Father wishes to speak with me as well. Which reminds me, Sebastian's picking me up after school."

"Sebastian? He's in town?" Cheryl asks, standing beside her twin.

"Since last Tuesday."

"And why didn't you tell me?"

"Cher, you and Seb, never gonna happen." She pouts, flipping her hair onto her shoulder.

"Just cause he's older than me doesn't mean he can't like me." The bell rings, and Cheryl bids us goodbye with the flip of her hair. We follow after her, not wanting to be late on the first day of school.
~

"To begin, your Father said you should be shown where everything starts." Mother says as she leads me to the barn that the Blossoms and us share. She pushes the door open, letting me enter first. I am met by hundreds of barrels, all full of syrup.

"Father and Mr. Blossom actually make this much syrup?"

"Don't be silly, they have people to do that for them. No, your father and Clifford oversee everything, and soon will Sebastian and Jason. You and Cheryl will assist them, much like secretaries do." I walk around the barn, gazing at the area. Father never let me in here before.

"Why are you showing me this now? I'm only fifteen." Mother comes closer, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"The Blossoms and us have agreed that you are all old enough to begin working. After we believe you all are ready, we will step down and you will take our places. Davina, this job is very important. Are you mature enough to do this?" I take a look around, letting my eyes fall on my mother's. She stares hard at me, and I know I can't disappoint her.

"Yes, Mother. I am."

And there is the first chapter. I hope you guys liked it! Thanks for reading!