Chapter 14

Third POV

Maurice Blackwood enters her husbands study room, watching as his body tenses

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Maurice Blackwood enters her husbands study room, watching as his body tenses. Harold stares at the computer screen, eyes burning with a murderous glint. Maurice quietly joins his side, gasping at the scene. There, on the screen, is their daughter and son snooping around in the forbidden room. Harold pushes away from the desk, pacing as he begins to fume.

"Those disobeying, ungrateful children! How dare they enter that room!" Harold angrily yells. Maurice walks over to her husband, placing a warm hand on his chest.

"Calm down." She tells him.

"Calm down? All of our secrets are in that room! All of them! Now they know everything."

"They would've found out later. We were preparing them to lead the business." Maurice tries to reason with her husband. Harold shakes her hands off him, going back to pacing.

"I'm not talking about the business. There was something else, something I've never told you. In my early years of college, I met a man. Hiram Lodge was his name. He was working to create this company. He was rich, and I knew his industry would succeed. So we made an agreement. I'd supply him drugs if he gave me thirty percent of his profit. That's where most of our money comes from. If this were to get out, we'd be sentenced to jail for years. Our company, all that we worked for, would be gone. We'd be charged with multiple crimes. Our lives would be ruined. Sebastian and Davina know now. If they tell anyone, we will lose everything. They mustn't let this secret spill." Maurice takes a step away from her husband, hand covering her mouth in shock.

"Harold. Why? Why would you do something so idiotic and reckless?"

"Like selling drugs wasn't already reckless. We needed the money. We needed to build our empire. We must prevent our children from saying anything. Are you with me?" Maurice gains her cold composure, smiling wickedly at her husband. Harold's lips turn up into a smirk as his wife nods. They turn back to the computer, glaring at the scene before them. "They won't know what hit them."

And there is chapter 14! Ah, I'm so excited! I can't wait to hear your guys' reaction as the story continues.
Anyways, thanks for reading! I hope y'all liked it!

Rose Thorns - A Jason Blossom FFजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें