Chapter 24

(Ignore the ending)

(Ignore the ending)

I stand in the sheriff department, biting my nails as I pace back and forth. Cheryl does the same, and we occasionally bump shoulders. None of the boys are back and they should've returned an hour ago. Our parents are currently locked in a jail cell. Well, at least my parents and Cheryl's dad are. There's nothing to prove Penelope had anything to do with the whole situation. As much as her and I have never gotten along, I'm glad she had no part in what happened to Jason and I.

"Where are they?" Betty questions aloud. "They should've been here an hour ago."

"Maybe something happened?" Veronica guesses. Upon seeing my reaction, she restates her sentence. "I didn't mean anything bad happened. I was just saying maybe they got caught up answering questions or something." I dismiss her apology, pausing my fast paced actions.

"This is beyond stressful." I groan, tugging at my hair. Cheryl nods, agreeing with my statement.

"You find everything stressful." I turn at the voice, tears forming in my eyes. My hand reaches up to cover my mouth. "What? No hug?" I rush over to him, collapsing into his arms.

"Oh my gosh. Jason." I sob, holding onto hi, tightly. He lifts a hand, caressing my hair. Another body joins us, and I don't have to look to know it's Cheryl. The three of us hold onto each other tightly, never wanting to let go. But, we eventually break away. I cup Jason's cheeks gently, looking him over for any scratches. I frown when I see the bruises that cover his face. "What happened to you?" I question quietly.

"I'm fine. Everything's over. I have you and Cheryl, our baby, I couldn't be happier." I smile when he says 'our baby.' It makes the whole situation so much better. I take a step away, letting Cheryl say hello to her twin. I grin at their interaction. The two are never complete without the other. As the two part, the door opens, sheriff Keller and the boys entering the room. I smile fondly as Betty hurried to my cousin, glad he has someone like her. Jason and Cheryl now stand besides me, Jason wrapping an arm around my waist. I stand on my tiptoes, placing a kiss on his jaw.

Sheriff Keller explains how our parents will have a trial, and it doesn't matter what their lawyer says they'll be going to prison anyways. Keller says we don't have to be there, there's enough evidence against them without us. Once he's done explaining, we all decide to go to Pops, me personally craving a chocolate milkshake and French fries. We all manage to fit in a booth.

"Jason, if you don't mind me asking, what happened over there?" Veronica questions. Cheryl and I glare at her. Jason chuckles at us, resting a hand on my thigh.

"It's fine Davvy, Cheryl. Nothing much really, except for when they made me fight the guards, which is how I got the bruises. For the most part they just locked me up in a room in the basement. Father came and visit every once in a while, wasn't the most pleasant of times, but I managed." I could tell he was getting uncomfortable talking about this, so I sent Cheryl a look.

"Anyways," Cheryl drawls, " Betty I heard you're giving a speech at the jubilee, congrats." Betty begins to explain tomorrow's events, Archie telling how he's performing with Josie and the Pussy Cats.

We all eventually decide to return to our homes; Jason, Cheryl, and I going to mine. Cheryl gives us both a hug before retreating to a spare bedroom. Jason and I head to mine, laying down on my bed. I grab his hand, tracing my finger along his palm.

"I can't believe you're here." I quietly admit. Jason shuffles next to me, propping up on his elbow. He grabs my hand, placing a gentle kiss on my knuckles.

"I know things were crazy. I was so scared that I was going to lose you. While I was on the basement, my father kept telling me how he killed the two of you. I didn't want to believe him, I knew I shouldn't, but I couldn't help it. All I could think of is never seeing the two of you ever again." Tears gather in my eyes, and I brush my fingers across his cheek.

"The others told me you had died. I felt like giving up. I was so close. And then I saw our baby boy-" Jason shoots up, siting on his knees.

"A boy? We're having a boy?" He asks excitedly. I nod. Jason smiles, giving out a cheer. He hops off the bed, bringing me with him. He carefully swings me around. I laugh, setting a kiss on his forehead. "I love you so much." He rests a hand on my stomach after setting me on my feet. "Our little boy."

"Our little Jason."

"You want to name him after me?"

"Of course. I wouldn't want it any other way. I love you. Jason."

"You know something? We never did get married. How about next month?" I smile brightly at him, pecking his lips.

"I wouldn't want it any other way."

Aaaannnnddddd we are at the end of Rose Thorns. Thank y'all so much for reading this! I absolutely loved writing this book.
So much so that I have decided to continue on with the story!!
The sequel will be set in season 2.
Again, thank y'all so much for reading!
I hope y'all continue with the next book!
I will post on here when the new book is up.