Chapter 23

(Ignore the words)

                                                                              (Ignore the words)

Recap

"We know Davvy's alive." Jughead whispers to his dad. "We know you helped her escape."

"Then what're you doing here?"

"She doesn't want to go to the police, but they don't have any leverage. Jason's dead, she doesn't need to hide in fear worried that if she tells the truth they'll hurt him." Archie speaks up.

"Yeah, and what do you want me to do? Davina doesn't listen to me, she never has, never will. She's a free spirit, she'll do what she wants." FP tells the boys.

"The building she was trapped in, didn't they have any security cameras?" FP nods his head. "You can get the tape, and we can turn it in. Clifford and Harold will go to jail, she'll be safe."

"No." Jughead recoils, shocked by his dad's response.

"Why not? We'll have evidence!" Archie argues.

"Because you don't have the right information. The tape would work, but you're wrong, Clifford and Harold do have leverage. And as soon as they hear the sirens, they'll have someone take care of it for them."

"Are you talking about that baby?"

"No." Davina had told her uncle when he rescued her about her child, he was shocked to say the least. "Jason's not dead. He's alive."

Present Time

I stand in the cold, Cheryl's hand being the only source of warmth. We stare at the building. I try to gather the courage to enter, but I haven't find it yet. Betty and Veronica stand on either side of us, patiently waiting for me to make my move.

"You don't have to do this." Cheryl says to me. I turn my head to look at her, trying to give her a convincing smile. I don't think it works.

"Yeah, I do." I bring myself to take a step, and then I'm slowly making my way towards the entrance. Veronica reaches for the door handle, about to open it when someone yells her name. We turn, finding Archie and Jughead with my uncle. They run over to us, uncle crushing me to his chest. "What's going on?"

"I'd like to know the same thing." Alice Cooper stands before us, her jaw dropping when she sees me. "Oh my goodness! Davina?"

"Mom!" Betty says to Alice. "How'd you know we were here?"

"I followed you." Betty scoffs and rolls her eyes at her mother, throwing her hands in the air as she does so. "More importantly, what is Davina doing here? I thought you were dead."