Chapter 4

I stand next to Cheryl, watching what feels like thousandth cheer audition

I stand next to Cheryl, watching what feels like thousandth cheer audition. Cher and I, although we are barely freshman, are co-captains. Every semester we hold auditions because there is always new talent waiting to be found.

"Next!" Cheryl calls, the current girl crying as she is dismissed. None other than Polly Cooper herself walks in, strutting as if she owns the place. I roll my eyes, already bored by her tryout. She begins her cheer, even throws in a stunt. And I hate to admit it, but she was pretty decent. At least, better than most of the girls we already witnessed. After Polly is her little sister Betty, who is not that bad, but Cheryl doesn't agree. I don't argue with her. Cher always gets her way, and I've learned from past experience that it's easier to agree with her.

"Okay! If I call your name, go to the locker room and change into uniform! Practice starts in five minutes! Ginger Nelson, Sofia Torres, Avalon Davis, Camila Vega, Layne Fitzgerald, and Polly Cooper!" The said girls squeal in excitement, all but one running to the locker rooms. "Polly, you've got four minutes, go change."

"No. What about Betty? She deserves to be on the team." Polly says. I cross my arms, giving her a hard glare.

"Betty was good, yes. But not good enough to be on this team. Sorry Betty, maybe next year." Betty gives me a sad nod, casting her eyes to the ground.

"And besides," Cheryl speaks up, "Betty's too fat to be on the team. She would make everyone else look bad. Now Polly, go change or you're off the team." Polly sighs, walking off to the locker rooms. I watch as Betty runs out of the gym, the door slamming shut behind her. The new squad members walk in and we begin practice.

~

Jason leans against his car, his arms crossed over his chest. When he sees me, he smirks, standing straight. I run into his arms, resting my head on his chest. He presses a kiss to my head, Cheryl gagging at us. I laugh, flipping her off. Jason and I pull away, entering the car. The drive to our homes is short, only lasting about fifteen minutes. Cheryl waves her fingers at me, heading off inside. Jason leans into me so that my back is resting against the side of his car. I lift my face up, pushing my lips against his. After a minute or so, Jason pulls away, setting his forehead on mine.

"I love you, my rose." He breathes out.

"I love you, my King." Jason chuckles at the name, something I've called since we were seven and he insisted he was one day going to be King of the world.

"Leave your window unlocked tonight. That way I don't get caught by your parents."

"Don't squeal like a girl when you see a moth and you won't get caught." I tease and Jason rolls his eyes. The front door of his house opens, his father staring at us. "I'll see you later." I mutter, pecking his cheek before heading off to my house.

~

A soft squeal interrupts me from my book and I close it with a groan. Looking out my window, I'm not surprised when I find Jason on the tree branch, a scared expression resting on his face. I roll my eyes at him, reaching a hand out to help him in. We settle on my bed, my head resting on his chest.

"A moth? Again?" I quietly ask him, not wanting to wake my parents or Sebastian.

"Hey, moths are scary creatures." Jason defends.

"Yeah, sure." Jason moves so he's hovering over me, a wicked grin on his face. "Don't you dare. Jason!" I squeal as Jason begins tickling my sides. I bite my lip, trying my hardest not to hurt out laughing. After minutes of utter torture, Jason stops, allowing me to breathe. "I hate you." Jason chuckles, laying down beside me. I smirk as an idea forms in my head. Straddling his waist, I lean down, kissing and biting his neck. Jason groans, griping my hips in a tight hold. My hands move down, lifting his shirt up and over his head. I sit up, taking off my own.

"You sure about this?" Jason asks, biting his lip.

"It's not like my parents don't know what we do."

"Okay, that's weird. But it ain't stopping me." He flips us over, kissing my lips hungrily.

And there is chapter 4. I hope you guys liked it. Thanks for reading!