Chapter 16

(Ignore the words)

(Ignore the words)

M

y phone went off at six in the morning, leaving me an hour to get ready. I don't take my time, wanting to leave this place as soon as possible. Jason and Cheryl pul up, and I don't bother taking a look back at the house as we drive away. From the side mirror, I watch as tears slide down Cheryl's face. I lean forward, resting my hand on her shoulder while Jason grabs her hand. She sniffles, brushing away any sign of her sadness.

There's a cold breeze at the river, one that sends my hair into my face. Jason places the canoe in the water and we carefully get in. We soon reach the other side, and I give Cheryl a sad look. Once out of the canoe, I pull her into a hug, sobbing into her shoulder.

"I didn't realize how hard this was going to be." I whisper, squeezing her tighter. I pull away, giving her a chance to say goodbye to her brother.

"Let me know as soon as you get there. I need to know you guys are okay. And you better send me a pic and an update everyday of that baby, and I better be the godmother." She tells us, and I laugh at the last part. We come together in a group hug.

"I'm going to miss you so much." I say.

"Me too. I'll miss you as well Jason."

"Same here Cheryl. Soon, I'm going to come and bring you back to live with us. I don't want you to stay here much longer. I promise, I'll come back for you." Jason says, giving his twin one last hug.

"Cheryl, let Sebastian know that I love him and I'm sorry?" She nods. A gun shot goes off, and I jump at the loud sound. We bid goodbye one last time and I grab Jason's hand as we set off towards the stowed away car.

We've been walking for half an hour when we hear someone chuckle. I gasp and move closer to Jason when both of our fathers appear before us.

"Tsk tsk tsk, Jason, Davina, you guys are making a very terrible decision." Clifford says, wagging his finger at us.

"After all we did for the two of you, this is how you repay us, by running away." My dad says, shaking his head. Jason puts an arm in front of me, pushing me behind him.

"You've done nothing for us, except force us into something we didn't want to be a part of." Jason seethes, glaring at the adults before us.

"The business is something our families have been part of for generations, we wouldn't want the two of you to ruin it because you guys are having a baby." I gasp at Clifford's words, gripping onto Jason's arm.

"How'd you know about that?" I ask.

"You were stupid enough to leave the pregnancy test in your bathroom. Your mother found it when she was looking for some spare makeup." My dad hisses, taking a threatening step closer to us. "Now, the two of you are going to get in the car, we are going to go home, we are going to get rid of that thing, and then we are going to pretend like nothing happened."

"No!" I yell. "How dare you say that! How could you want to kill your own grandchild?"

"That is not my grandchild." I shake my head, taking a step back.

"I'm not going with you. We know all about the 'business.' We know how you sell drugs instead of syrup. I know how you murder people, dad. I know how you're connected to Hiram Lodge. He got arrested last week, didn't he. We both know you're going to end up in prison soon. That is, if people were to find out about your partnership."

"You wouldn't dare." Dad seethes, glaring at me with cold and empty eyes.

"I would. But it'll stay a secret if you let us leave. I won't tell anyone if you let us go. I promise." Dad seems to be thinking about my option, but Clifford shakes his head.

"No, the two of you know too much. We can't let you leave." He whistles and multiple biker men emerge from the trees. They charge at us, one hitting Jason I'm the head, knocking him unconscious. Before I can even take one step towards him, an ark wraps around my waist, shoving a cloth over my face. Within seconds, my eyes close, the world turning dark.

Ah, it's happening!!! My poor baby Davvy. Her father is so rude.
Anyways, thanks for reading. I hope y'all liked it!!