Chapter 17

Third Person

Third Person

Cheryl Blossom sits on a rock, dipping her hands in water and rubbing her eyes to make her mascara spread across her cheeks. She runs a hand through her hair, tangling it in a waded mess. The wet dress clings to her skin, causing her skin to become itchy and irritated. She hears footsteps and immediately curls her knees to her chest, faking a sad face. Dilton Doiley, along with his troop members, cautiously approach her. Cheryl turns her head to them, managing a tear to slide down her cheek.

"Jason. Davina." She whimpers. Dilton orders one of his scouts to call the police, them arriving only minutes later. An officer approaches the drenched red head, a blanket in his arms.

"Cheryl? Can you tell me what happened?" The officer asks, draping the warm fabric across Cheryl's shoulders. Cheryl nods, taking a deep breath before beginning.

"Jason, Davina, and I went out for an early boat ride. My glove fell into the water and Jason reached down to get it, but the boat tipped. The three of us fell in, and when I came up, I couldn't find them. I called out their names, but no one responded." Cheryl sobs. Harold and Maurice Blackwood, along with Clifford and Penelope Blossom, approach Cheryl and the officer. Harold and Clifford feign sadness, needing to put up an act so no one becomes suspicious. The officer leads the parents and Cheryl to a boat, where they search the river for Jason's and Davina's bodies.

Jughead stands off to the side, his frame blocked by some trees. Soundless tears slide down his cheeks, and he rushes to brush them away. His gaze locks with Archie Andrews, who sends him a sad look. Jughead shakes his head, turning on his heels and walking away.

Alice and Hal Cooper stand among the crowd, scowls resting upon their faces.

"I hope their deaths were painful." Alice mutters, crossing her arms over her chest. "May Jason and Davina burn in hell."

A week later, the Blackwood's and Blossom's buried empty caskets. Sebastian had a fit at that. He refused to believe his little sister was dead. Cheryl tried to comfort him, but it was difficult without revealing the truth. Besides that reason, Cheryl was scared. Her brother and best friend had yet to contact her. They promised they would as soon as they found an apartment, but her phone remained silent.

Two weeks later, still no word from them. School returns tomorrow, and Cheryl is nervous. She's never, not once in her life, had to go to school without her best friend and twin. Now that she has to, she's terrified. As much as she hates to admit it, people have always liked Jason more than her. The people who claimed they were her friends only wanted to be with her since her family is rich, and they thought her brother was good looking.

Cheryl sits on her bed, flipping through old photos of the three of them. She smiles at a particular one. They were all at Disneyland. Cheryl and Davina had giant Minnie Mouse ears on while Jason was rocking some sunglasses. Cheryl carefully sets the picture on her nightstand, switching the light off and crawling under the covers. Tomorrow will go great. I'll be fine. I don't need to always rely on them. I will see them soon.

If only she knew how true her words were.

Ah! I love writing these chapters. Now that we're getting to the show, I am so pumped! This chapter was so amazing to write. FYI I will be doing some more chapters like this set in third POV.
Anyways, thanks for reading! I hope y'all liked it!