Chapter 7

I watch from the door as my parents leave, giving them a little wave as they drive past

I watch from the door as my parents leave, giving them a little wave as they drive past. As I head upstairs to my room, Sebastian calls me. "Char! Could I speak with you for a minute?" He politely asks.

"Since when did you become so nice and formal?" I question as we take a seat in the living room. He chuckles, running a hand through his perfectly combed hair. "And when did your start using gel?"

"It's for the business. Gotta keep up a good image if I want the employees to follow me. What are you doing later today?"

"Cher and I were going to watch a movie." That's a lie. Jason and I were going to snoop around his parents' office, seeing as they're also at the convention.

"Would she mind if you were a tad bit late? I want to take you to Pop's, there are some things we need to discuss."

"Why can't we just talk here? Right now?" Sebastian looks around, shaking his head. "Why not?" He pulls out his phone, typing something before handing it to me. They'll know. It's not safe to say here. I gulp, giving his phone back to him. "Okay."

"I'll meet you outside in an hour. I have some business to attend to." With that, he leaves the room.

An hour later, Sebastian and I are getting into his truck, driving off to Pop's. I enter the dinner, looking for an open booth. My eyes land on someone and I suck in a breath. Sebastian places a hand on my back, guiding me to said person. They look up at us, a smile gracing their lips. They stand up, looking us over.

"It's been a while." They say.

"Indeed it has." Sebastian replies. The two of them laugh, hugging one another.

"Charv, it's good to see you."

"You, too, Uncle." FP smiles and I run into his arms, holding him tightly. We all take a seat, no one saying anything for a while as we drink our milkshakes. "Okay, what're we doing here?" I ask my brother.

"Mom told you she was going to tell you the truth about the company, right?" I nod, taking a bite of a French fry. "She lied. Our business isn't syrup-"

"She told me that. Said we also deal with some water company." Mother told me that last night when I had questioned her again.

"A water company?" Uncle scoffs. "Please."

"Well if it's not water, then what is it?" Uncle and Sebastian share a glance before Sebastian nods.

"You cannot tell anyone, not even Cheryl and Jason. Understand?"

"Yeah. I won't tell them. Promise." Sebastian sighs, placing his hand over mine.

"The company, the Blossoms, our parents, they deal with drugs." I recoil back, my eyes widening in shock.

"What? How do you know?"

"I told him." Uncle speaks up. "They deal with some of the serpents." I stare at him, my mind going frantic at the new information.

"Are you one of them? That they deal with?" I've always known he was a serpent, Jughead told me the second he found out.

"No, I don't deal with that crap. Besides, it's not like your mother would ever give me anything." It's true, mother tries to suppress her past, cut all ties with everyone on the South Side, including her twin brother.

"Cher and I aren't going to watch a movie today, Seb. That was a lie. Jason and I knew something was weird about the business. We were going to sneak into his parents' office and see if we could find anything." I admit.

"You cant. You need to convince Jason that he shouldn't do it. His parents will find out and they'll kill the two of you."

"You know Jase, once he has his mind set on something, he won't stop until he figures out the truth."

"You must convince him otherwise. Your lives depend on it."

And there is chapter 7. I hope you guys liked it. Thanks for reading!