Chapter 13

Summer was officially over

Summer was officially over. It was bittersweet. I hated high school and I was glad to be leaving, but high school was supposed to be memorable, a time to let loose and have fun. But Jason and I would have none of that. In just a little over a month, we'd be running away to our new lives.

I had discussed things with my uncle, who was more than willing to help. When he questioned why, I admitted everything. He never kept anything from me, why should I? If things somehow took a turn for the worst, I wanted someone other than Cheryl to know the truth.

In five weeks, Jason would pick up an order of marijuana from the bar on the South Side. He'd stash it in a car waiting for us on the other side of the river. We would then deliver it upstate and receive our money. After, the two of us would find a cheap apartment to rent and begin our new lives.

I currently push open the doors to Pop's dinner, breathing in the delicious smell of French fries. Before I am able to take two steps, a body collides with mine. Two arms grab my shoulders, preventing me from falling backwards. My blue eyes meet two chocolate brown orbs with a head of ginger hair. If it weren't for the eyes, this boy could be Jason's twin.

"Sorry. I -um- I wasn't really paying attention." The boy says, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck. "Archie Andrews." He greets, extending his hand for me to shake. I wearily take it, cocking my eyebrow at his gesture. Most teens our age don't do that, at least, not in Riverdale.

"Davina Blackwood." I reply. "You were in my science class, right?" Archie nods, giving me a shy smile before saying bye and rushing out the door. I walk up to the counter, smiling at Pops. "I had called and ordered a cheeseburger earlier."

"It's almost ready, be out in a sec." Pops happily replies. I take a seat at the bar, pulling out my phone and scrolling down Instagram.

"Nice to see you here."

"You, too. Although, you're always here." I say back to my cousin. Jughead simply rolls his eyes, pulling his laptop out of his bag. "What're you writing?"

"A novel about Riverdale. But I'm not sure what to put, this town isn't really interesting. Maybe I'll write about us and our deranged family." I snicker at his comment.

"Brother and sister, both raised on the South Side. One remains while the other turns into a strict, uptight women married to a wealthy man." I joke, playing along with Forsythe.

"Oh the horror! People will cower in fear at our tale." We burst into laughter, drawing people's attention to us, but we don't mind them, just enjoy our time with one another.

"I miss this. If only my mother wasn't such a snob we'd actually be able to hang out." My mood changes as I realize this could very well be the last time I am with my cousin.

"Vina, what's wrong?" Juggie, always concerned about the people he cares for.

"Nothing, I'm just going to miss you, that's all."

"Why? We've still got summer, and school. It's not like we're never going to see each other again." Oh Juggie, if only you knew. Pops sets my takeout box in front of me, and I give him a tip. I wrap my arms around Forsythe, holding him tightly.

"Goodbye, Jug." I whisper as I pull away. Before he can reply, I exit the dinner, not wanting to hear him say goodbye. It was difficult for me to say goodbye to him, I'd break down if he said it.

Awe, such a sad goodbye. :(. Thank y'all for reading. Just FYI, I'm trying to add more info before Davina and Jason leave. Anyways, thanks again. Hope y'all liked it.