Chapter 5 - Let's Begin

I walked out with a small smile on my face and a feeling of pride. I knew that I couldn’t linger and that I needed to think of a game plan so I ran for the cover of some bushes in the hope of not being seen.

I took out my map from the green bag that was given to me and looked for my position. I decided to head south towards one of the furthest edges of the island.

Quickly I took a gulp from one of my water bottles before heading off for my destination.

…………….

(No one’s pov)

More People were called out of the class room. One by one they went until the class was narrowed down to only a few.

“Boy 15 Nanahara.” The woman on the TV screen said.

He was kneeling down by his friend’s side and as a soldier called out his name impatiently he picked up the photograph which was still covered in blood stains. “I’ll wait for you.” He whispered to Noriko giving her the picture before getting his bags and walking out.

Nanahara walked out of the building in a hurry, quickly looking back before making a dash through some bushes. He sat down at the bottom of a small hill taking a look through his bag and taking out a flash light when he heard a female voice saying his name.

He looked quickly towards his left and saw Mayumi Tendou walking towards him slowly with an arrow lodged weirdly into her neck.

“What happened?” He asked in surprise as she took more steps towards him.

“What am I going to do… What is this…?” Her voice was shaky and weak as she put her hand to her collar. Tears were starting to come to her eyes as fear took hold.

She fell down by Nanahara’s side and when he picked her up so that he could see her face her eyes rolled back and her breathing stopped. Blood was seeping from her wound where the arrow had gone straight through her neck.

As an arrow whizzed past he let go of Tendou and saw that the new arrow was now lodged into her leg.

He looked up to the top of the hill and saw Akamatsu the boy poor at sports stood at the top of the hill with a crossbow in his hand.

He ran towards Nanahara but slipped as Nanahara threw his flash light at him.

Noriko came running through the bushes holding her green bag close looking at the scene in front of her.

“Don’t, Noriko!” Nanahara shouted taking hold of her arm and running away from the scene.

Akamatsu slipped on the grass, he rolled off the hill and once he hit the ground he scrambled up having dropped his crossbow somewhere when he fell.

“What am I going to do?” He asked himself in a panic still looking around blindly on the floor.

“What are you doing?” A boy Kazushi Niida asked coming round from the other side of the hill. Akamatsu cowered back stopping the search for his weapon. “Isn’t this yours.” He asked picking up the crossbow from beside him.

Akamatsu jumped up and ran towards the now armed Niida.

Niida backed away and tripped whilst aiming the crossbow at Akamatsu. As he tripped the weapon was set off and the arrow landed straight through the panicked boys heart.

Niida got up from the floor “It’s real.” He said over and over again whilst running from the scene with the crossbow in hand.

Boy 1 Akamatsu Dead

Girl 14 Tendo Dead

40 To Go

…………….