Chapter 9 - Why

Motobuchi fell to the floor, the bullet had only scraped his leg so he scrambled back up to his feet.

“Get out of my way!” He screamed running towards the other armed person. Another loud gun shot went off and Motobuchi fell again clutching onto his side and rolling on the floor as blood seeped through his shirt.

It was only seconds later that the movement’s stopped and so did his breathing.

Boy 20 Motobuchi Dead

28 To Go

I hadn’t been able to see the guy that had shot him because he was too far up on another steep hill but I was able to get a better look at him as he made his way towards the body.

The figure had its back to me as it picked up the dead boy’s paintball gun.

He turned around and the first thing I noticed was the orange bandana wrapped around his head.

He pointed the gun towards Nanahara and Noriko whilst he walked closer to them. “What weapons have you got?” He asked still with the paint ball gun raised in their direction.

“A pot lid.” Nanahara said showing the older boy the dented lid.

“Binoculars.” Noriko said taking out the small item from her bag.

I felt kind of bad for them saying that they ended up with probably some of the worst weapons in this game. Well I only got a single bullet.

Still with the gun raised the older boy – who I had remembered to be Kawada – walked towards Oki’s body and pulled out the axe from his head with a sickening sound.

I was about to walk away but that was when I heard shouting which seemed to have a slight crackling sound to it, almost as if the words were being said through a microphone. I could also hear that it was a girl’s voice.

“Everybody! Stop fighting!” The voice shouted grabbing all of our attention. “Please hear us out!” The voice screamed. I noticed Kawada, Nanahara and Noriko were running towards the sound so quietly and still trying to stay hidden I did the same.

“This is Kusaka, with Yukiko, on the cliffs of North mountain!” I crouched down hidden in the leaves staring at what looked like two girls on top of quite a large mountain. They were quite far away so I couldn’t distinguish which was Kusaka and which was Yukiko.

“Everyone come here so we can figure this out together! We don’t want to fight right, Yukiko.” The girl with the microphone passed the object to her friend who also started to yell.

“This is Yukiko. Please join us! We can figure this out together!” I was thinking about how stupid they were being. Yes there were people who would like peace and for this all to end but there were others who could easily kill the defenceless pair.

I looked to my right and saw Nanahara start to stand “That’s the right tactic.” He said quietly to Noriko.

“Where are you going?” Kawada shouted putting a gun to Nanahara’s chest.

“To get them back.” He said in reply

“Without weapons?” Kawada shouted again this time pushing Nanahara back with the tip of the gun. “I’m not the only deadly one!” He said holding up the blood covered axe.

“All the more if there in danger.” Nanahara tried to push past Kawada but the older boy pushed him back before shooting up in the air with his bigger gun making a loud sound which echoed around us.

The two girls screamed and ducked down.

Nanahara ran at Kawada and tried his hardest to take the gun from his hands but it  was no use.