Chapter 12 - Truth

“Hey what is this!” Iijima shouted pointing towards Mimura’s laptop.

Mimura had explained to them that there was a mic in the collars and that they were probably being listened to right now.

He had a plan and had just typed down all of the things that they would need for his plan to succeed.

“Just go.” He said waving Iijima and Seto off to find the ingredients to help his plan become a success.

They ran off in a hurry and Mimura started to put the second part of his plan into place as he started to type faster onto the small laptops keyboard.

…………….

Chigusa loved to run.

She could do it all day if she was ever given the chance to.

She remembered how she would like to run so that she could train for her next competition and her close friend Sugimura would follow on his bike.

She remembered this as she was running through the trees of the island. It was also a way for her to release stress and feel a little calmer.

Chigusa came up to some steps leading upwards and once she reached the top she sat down, grabbed some water from her bag and closed her eyes.

“Hey Chigusa, what are you doing?” The voice caused Chigusa to jump a little as she turned her head in the direction of the voice.

When she saw Niida she picked up her bags and started to walk away.

“Hey wait up.” He said in a pleading voice. “You know how they all used to gossip about us.”

“You were the person who made it all up in the first place.” Chigusa said not looking back. She had a strong hate for the boy and she just wanted him to get out of her sight.

“Come on Chigusa work with me.” Niida said not losing the pleading tone. He reached out for Chigusa’s arm but she pulled away.

“Don’t touch me. You’re disgusting.” She said in distaste.

Niida was starting to get mad. He had killed before and remembered how he had killed Akamatsu and taken his crossbow.

“Run and I’ll shoot. He shouted aiming his weapon.

He had thought himself lucky after stealing the weapon because what he had originally got was only a coat hanger but the crossbow was a lucky find and was a lot more deadly.

Chigusa looked back and laughed at the pathetic looking boy “Ridiculous.” 

She started walking once again and Niida put down his weapon and chased after her like a lost puppy.

“I really do love you, for real.”

“Wow, great. Wash your face and try again. That is if you survive.” She said with a smirk on her face. How was a worthless kid like that ever going to survive?

“Hey wait. You’re a virgin right.” He asked and Chigusa stopped dead in her tracks.

“Shouldn’t you be worrying about your own life instead of intruding on others?” She asked.

Niida ran in front of her and once again raised his weapon. “I’ve decided that this games a race. So I’m going to play for real.”

“So am I. Drop that now and let me go or else I will assume you’re deadly and kill you.”

She started to walk forward with her face showing no signs of emotion and Niida backed away with every step she took.

“Stop it. I’ve killed before, I could kill you now.”