Chapter 13 - Hope

(Picture of Kiriyama on the side :D Sorry I just had to do it)

I ran and hid in the tall grass and untrimmed bushes which were surrounding me. I could hear the gun shots getting louder and as they came closer I was able to recognize the sound better.

I already knew that the shots belonged to a machine gun but it reminded me of something. Of the gun which Kiriyama had used to shoot Yukiko and Kusaka on top of the mountain.

Looking over towards the small house I saw that the three people inside were blowing out the candles and closing the curtains making sure that they could not be seen.

Not too long after I noticed a squeaking sound and when I looked over I noticed a guy on an old bike wearing a white helmet. I hadn’t noticed his screaming over the sound of the gun shots until he got closer.

Following behind him was Kiriyama aiming his gun and setting off shots as he ran. When they passed I was able to notice the guy riding the bike as Toshimori Oda. As he got closer to the house he fell before quickly scrambling to his feet and running.

He ran to the other side of the house with Kiriyama following close behind but still it didn’t seem like the bullets had gotten any hits.

I ran after them still making sure that I stayed hidden.

Oda clambered up on top of a container and could see that there was no other way of escaping so he turned around and put up his hands in a surrendering motion.

“Why? What did I ever do to…” His words were cut short by Kiriyama’s gun as he aimed and fired. Oda staggered back before falling off of the container.

Kiriyama checked to see if he was dead before walking away. I was in shock, I had already seen him kill before but the fact that he can just walk away still has me at a loss for words.

I saw a movement from out the corner of my eye and as I looked over I saw the body of Oda moving.

I didn’t move as I watched in amazement.

Firstly he scrambled up and checked that Kiriyama wasn’t hiding somewhere in the shadows before he sat down and started to… laugh?

“I made it. My excellent bullet proof vest!” He shouted out through his laughter.

So that was his weapon; a bullet proof vest. I guess that really was lucky.

I was about to make a quiet retreat but as I took my first step away Oda’s laughter stopped. At first I wondered if he had seen me and thought of me as a threat but when I turned back I saw the reason for his sudden stop in happiness.

He screamed as he saw Kiriyama standing on top of the roof of the little building. He stood there looking like an evil avenging angel as he unsheathed a sword which he must have stolen from someone else.

Oda’s scream became louder as Kiriyama jumped from the roof of the building and took a swing at the boys neck.

The sword had been sharp and took Oda’s head of in one blow. Blood spurted out covering both of the boy’s body’s and splattering over the surrounding area.

It was a disgusting sight which I knew would haunt me for a long time to come.

Boy 4 Oda Dead

22 To Go

Kiriyama sat there looking at what he had done before a small clattering sound came from inside the building.

I had almost forgotten that Kawada, Nanahara and Noriko were in there.

Kiriyama turned to face the house with splatters of fresh blood on his face. He ran around to the other side of the house and I followed quietly from a distance. He tried to open the door but it was locked.