Chapter 18 - Kiriyama

I wasn’t sure if Kiriyama had fallen to the floor in relief or maybe just from the shock.

Mitsuko was dead; the bullet that I had fired had gone straight through her head. Even though I had killed before it still had felt unreal when I pulled the trigger. I guess that there’s a difference between killing in self defence and killing to save another person’s life.

Girl 12 Mitsuko Dead

9 To Go

Kiriyama soon stood back up quickly figuring out that he was in danger.

My heart started to beat at a rapid pace. Once again I wanted to run but my feet stayed in place as if they had been glued to the floor.

Kiriyama looked around and finally his eyes landed on me my breath caught in my throat as I watched him move towards a gun which was on the floor. His eyes never left me as he picked up the weapon which he must have dropped before.

His hair was a mess, well more so than usual and his eyes were dark and deadly. I could see in his eyes that he was calculating what would be the best move to take.

But also whilst looking in his eyes I could see the little boy that I had once known, my best friend who I would have even entrusted my life to.

All those times that we had laughed and talked, even though I knew that he probably would never return into the person which I had once known I still had hope.

Ever since I had found out about him losing his emotions I had hope that they would return and he would once again be the person which I had trusted.

To be honest I still had hope.

Ever since that day I had made a promise to keep him safe and make sure he got his chance at gaining back his emotions.

That’s why I dropped my gun and bags to the floor. I was surrendering my life so that one day he would be able to have his once again.

My eyes looked up to him and the gun which was now pointing straight towards me.

At least I knew that my life would end quickly. I wasn’t the type of person to normally surrender but in that moment that was what I was doing.

I looked down towards the floor before darkness enveloped me.

…………….

I woke with a start. Sitting up quickly I felt a sharp pain in my head leaving me with probably the worst headache that I had ever experienced in my life.

Slowly I put my hand to my head feeling a small lump. What on earth happened?

I heard a noise from beside me and when I looked up I saw Kiriyama standing over me. I was scared but even in my state I wouldn’t beg for mercy or back down from him.

“Fine.” I said in a quiet voice “I guess I lost.”

Kiriyama didn’t reply but instead he put down the green and blue bags that he had been holding before walking away, leaving me with only more questions.

Once he was out of sight I looked more around my surroundings to see that I wasn’t by the entrance to the warehouse anymore. I was in a place hidden from anyone who came across the building so that meant that someone had to of carried me.

I looked in the blue and green bags to see that they were mine but all my weapons had been taken.

So that was why he did it, if I didn’t have weapons then I wasn’t a threat to him which meant that he didn’t need to kill me. Kiriyama now has the advantage and I don’t.

I felt a throbbing pain in my arm and when I looked to it I saw that the bullet wound which I had been given by Takiguchi was covered up.

Thinking back to what happened I got more confused. Why did Kiriyama aim his gun at me and how did I end up getting knocked out. My head was in a daze and I decided to have some water before setting off again.

I came out of my hiding place defenceless and saw four dead bodies on the floor that had been alive only a little while before.

…………….

Hayashi had been standing, watching as Rin was stood in the doorway of the old warehouse. His nose definitely wasn’t feeling any better.

At first he was travelling in the complete opposite direction but after he heard the gun shots he couldn’t help but be attracted to them like a moth to a flame.

When he saw Rin anger boiled in the pit of his stomach.

He knew he had to do something but he just had to wait for the right time.

Hayashi saw as Rin dropped the gun to her side. She was unarmed now and had no way of defending herself if he decided to attack. He had killed before so why shouldn’t he try again.

With slow quiet steps he walked towards the back of Rin, his eyes solely on her form.

The metal baseball bat was in his hands ready to be swung towards the unsuspecting girls head. As he brought the bat down he looked inside the warehouse and saw Kiriyama standing there with a gun pointing straight at him.

The bat made contact to Rin’s head knocking her out cold.

Kiriyama carefully aimed the gun towards Hayashi’s head but ended up missing the shot when Hayashi ducked down to get Rin’s gun. Aiming the weapon he pulled the trigger but no bullet came from it.

Hayashi looked up and saw a slight sadistic smile on Kiriyama’s face because of the thought of winning.

“Hey, listen why don’t we work together. It would help having someone else on your team. We could kill everyone off together, starting with the girl.” Hayashi said in a quick almost pleading voice.

It was the last words that he would ever speak as Kiriyama fired his gun sending him into a dark world that he would never be able to escape.

Boy 22 Hayashi Dead

8 To Go