Chapter 11 - Help

(Rin’s pov)

Me, Nanahara and Noriko had kept on walking and it was easy to see how tired they were both getting by the constant stumbles.

We were by the edge of the island, on one side there was a rocky cliffs edge leading to the rough sea which surrounded the island and on the other side there was a hill but the terrain up there would take too much of a toll on all of our tired legs.

Shuya and Noriko talked every now and again but I stayed silent. I wasn’t really too keen on being out in the open but it was all that we could do for now.

“Noriko.” I heard Nanahara shout. I turned around to see Noriko on the floor and her breathing was shallow. “Are you ok?” Nanahara asked kneeling at her side trying to help her up.

“I’m fine. Just a little tired, that’s all.” Noriko said between breaths.

I walked up to them both and kneeled down as well before putting my hand to her head.

“You’ve got a really bad fever and your sweating lots.” I said taking my hand back. Me and Nanahara both knew that we had to get her somewhere safe and quick.

Noriko turned to look towards Nanahara before saying “Yukiko had a crush on you, right?”

“What’s that got to do with anything?” He asked trying to get some water out of his bag for her.

“Sorry, just a little jealous I guess…” Her voice was almost a whisper and I don’t think that Nanahara had heard her reply.

He gave the bottle of water to me so that I could help Noriko drink whilst he checked his map.

“There’s an old clinic not far from here, can you get up?” He asked Noriko. I had almost forgotten that people actually used to live in this place before they were evacuated so that the BR act could take place.

Noriko tried to get up but she collapsed and eventually we came to the decision that Nanahara would carry her towards the clinic.

…………….

When we arrived the place looked old and rundown. There was a rusty gate leading to the clinic but when went to open it all it did was fall down.

The outside of the building looked as if it had been undisturbed for quite some time. The plants and grass had all overgrown and weeds were also sprouting up from everywhere.

There was even a chicken walking outside the front door. At first I thought about trying to catch it and cook it but I soon dismissed the idea after thinking about how much hard work that would take.

We looked around cautiously before making our way towards the building.

We were over half way towards the front door when I heard a jingling sound and saw Nanahara stop in front of me.

I looked down and saw that his foot had been caught in some wire which must have lead to a can or something like that.

My heart was beating fast knowing that we weren’t alone and that something was going to happen very soon.

Suddenly the door of the clinic opened up and that guy with the bandana who had killed that other student before was stood in the doorway. He held up the gun from before and was aiming it straight at us.

“Pot lid and Binoculars, what do you want?” He asked still with the gun raised, that’s when I realised that he must not have been able to see me behind Nanahara and Noriko’s bodies.

“Noriko’s not feeling well so we came to get some medicine.”Nanahara’s voice wavered a bit from the scare of having a guy pointing a gun at him.