Chapter 10 - Murderer

We had walked for a while and my feet were killing me. We were out in a clearing but I didn’t care as I sat down to try and rest my legs.

It was so peaceful. The grass was soft and the skies were a beautiful blue, shame that this will be the place where people will die. I closed my eyes trying to come up with some idea on how to not be one of those people.

 I took in the peace but when I heard the heavy breathing behind me I remembered that I was not alone anymore.

“Finally... rest.” Nanahara said also sitting himself down with a thud.

We were quiet as we sat down and drank our water. All of us were thinking different thoughts. Some of us wanted to escape, some of us wanted revenge, some of us were confused and some of us were trying not to let any of that get in the way of what we knew we had to do.

Suddenly loud waltz like music could be heard from somewhere and I opened my eyes to see what was happening.

The music quietened down and Kitano’s voice could be heard once again.

“It’s noon, everybody getting hungry?” He asked us all “Take a little lunch break from the killing. Now for the list of who went down this morning.”

He listed off the name of the student’s who had died with no remorse in his voice about the fact that he was killing off many innocent people.

“Calling for piece was a good idea, can’t win them all.” Kitano said referring to the two girls who had been shot on the mountain by Kiriyama.

“Now for the danger zones and hours.” As he listed off the danger zones Nanahara and Noriko wrote down where not to go and when on their maps.

The voice and music faded away and it was peaceful once again.

“Why aren’t you writing down the danger zones?” Noriko asked me with confusion in her voice.

“I already told you that I didn’t get given a pen so I can’t mark them down.” I said lying back and closing my eyes.

I heard the sound of someone looking in one of the bags. I noticed that it was coming from beside me so it must have been my bag. I opened my eyes and saw Noriko with my map writing down the danger zones which she had already written on hers.

“Just in case.” She said putting the map back into my bag once she was done.

“Thanks.” I said with a small smile on my face. Maybe me choosing to stick with them wasn’t such a bad idea after all.

For now.

…………….

(No one’s pov)

Mitsuko walked back to the house warily.

She had witnessed the death of the two girls that wanted peace and she was more cautious than ever knowing that there were other people who didn’t mind killing.

She had decided to stay at the old house. She had already disposed of the corpse of Megumi, well she had put it somewhere so that she could easily avoid it.

Mitsuko held no remorse for killing of the other girl, it was just a step closer to her winning the game.

She walked in throwing her bag down onto the floor with a weary sigh. Her makeup was running from the hot weather and she was annoyed at the thought of having to do it again.

“Mitsuko.” A familiar voice said from behind her. She turned around quickly and remembered the face of the person who was holding a gun in her direction.

“Hirono.” She said reaching behind her for her weapon.

“Oh great, I finally found you.” Hirono said walking towards Mitsuko. Still with the gun raised in one hand she spun Mitsuko around and grabbed the other girl’s weapon.

“This your weapon?” Hirono asked

“Yeah.”

“Kind of lame isn’t it. Yoshimi’s dead isn’t she?”

“With Kuramoto.” Mitsuko answered keeping an eye on the gun in front of her.

“Oh, so you saw. Well I saw Megumi’s throat slit. With something like a sickle!” The last words were shouted as Hirono threw the sickle she had taken from Mitsuko.

It landed just by the other girls head in a wooden post with a dull thud. “Mitsuko, you have Megumi’s weapon?” She asked

“Of course not.”

“But it looks like someone had stayed here all night being nice and cosy. It doesn’t help that I found your makeup all over the place.” She said walking closer to Mitsuko. The gun was almost directly pushed up to her head now.

“What’s that…”

“Cut the crap, murderer! Having all the boys but you just had to steal mine. You probably hung both of them two outside as well.”

 Mitsuko tried to defend herself and was starting to cry as Hirono kept on shouting accusations at her. “I’ll kill you!” Hirono screamed.

“What is this… stop joking around, forgive me…” Mitsuko asked falling to the floor and trying to crawl away, her eyes puffy from her tears.

“Stop faking!” The other girl shouted giving Mitsuko a hard kick.

“Why does everyone gang up on me, what did I do.”

“Think about what you did! Cry your eyes out, apologize to Megumi and Yoshimi!”

Mitsuko could see Megumi’s stun gun through her blurred vision and quickly reached out for it before putting it to Hirono’s gun which caused the girl to drop her weapon.

They both made a mad dash for the gun but Mitsuko was the one who grabbed it as they both dived to the floor.

“This was Megumi’s” Mitsuko said putting the gun to Hirono’s head whilst showing her the stun gun.

“You bitch! Murderer!” Hirono screeched

“What’s wrong with killing.” Mitsuko said looking crazy “Everyone’s got their reasons.”

Hironos heart was beating fast as she took what seemed to be Mitsukos bag and threw it at her. She ran towards the door as fast as she could whilst Mitsuko was distracted.

Mitsuko set of the gun in her hands. The first shot missed the other girls leg and the second one just passed her head.

The last bullet was set off and hit Hirono straight in the back which caused the girl to fall to the ground, her face still displaying the horror of her last seconds of life.

Girl 10 Hirono Dead

25 To Go

VOTE (If you have a favourite to win already)

COMMENT (What do you think to Noriko. Is her kindness fake?)

PLEASE