Chapter 6 - Nothing but Black

The person who had their hand on my mouth turned me around to face them. When I saw the person I recognized them to be Takumi Hayashi. He was also a newish student only arriving at the school a day before Oki.

I saw him put his finger to his mouth in a shush motion before he let go of my mouth and watched what was going on from behind the boulder.

Firstly I looked up at him slightly confused but then I decided to watch as well.

Kiriyama spat at the guy’s feet making the guy look slightly surprised that Kiriyama was being so disrespectful to a person who had him at gunpoint.

“Why you little…” The guy started saying about to whack Kiriyama over the head with his gun. But Kiriyama was too quick.

When the guy was distracted Kiriyama had got in the perfect position to steal his gun which is what he did before shooting the guy repeatedly and then turning and shooting the other three boys and the one girl.

My eyes were wide and my mind could not seem to understand what had just happened.

Kiriyama was a murderer. He just killed five students out of my class, five students that I had spent years of my life with, five students that he had spent years of his life with.

I didn’t want to but I looked back.                              

The girl was getting up even though her body was full of bullet holes.

“Why are you doing this… please… please… stop.” The girl said with a stammer but Kiriyama took no notice as he shot her back down again, but this time she would never get up.

I looked towards Hayashi to see that there was a strange look on his face. Of course he was shocked but it was almost like he had expected something like that to happen.

Not thinking I went to stand up but Hayashi grabbed hold of my hand and put a finger to his lips in a shush motion before he looked back around the boulder.

As I looked I saw Kiriyama still with no expression look down at the bodies. He started to turn around but I ducked down before he saw me.

I opened my green bag once again to see what weapon I had been given and saw in a packet there was a single bullet. I looked around more expecting to see a gun as well but when I saw that there was none I cursed violently in my head.

When I looked back to Kiriyama I saw him picking up the weapons of the dead students. There was a mixture of guns and two grenades. He went towards one boy who had nunchucks but when he picked up the weapon he threw them back down.

Nunchucks were more of a close up weapon but I think Kiriyama wanted to play it safe with guns and grenades.

As he left the scene Hayashi stopped hiding and carefully went up to the bodies. I followed him quietly and stopped when I saw that he was searching the bodies for any useful weapons that Kiriyama might have missed.

I walked up to the boy with the nunchucks and picked up the weapon.

“No point using them, I’ve heard that they take a lot of skill and years of training to master.” Hayashi said from close behind me making me jump.

“Well I guess that it’s lucky that I have a lot of skill and have been training with these for years until I mastered them.” I said receiving a partially surprised look.

It was true that I had been training for years with all types of weapons.

People used to say that I had a natural talent when it came to martial arts and weaponry but I was never all to into it when I was young.

My parents were really proud whenever I would show them a new move or whenever I would beat someone in a competition.

We used to fight all the time because I didn’t want to do it anymore but it seemed to be the only thing I did that they were proud of me for, the only thing that kept me there was Kiriyama who trained with me.

This was all before my parents died and Kiriyama lost his emotions.

A while after the car crash Kiriyama gave up on martial arts because he had already mastered it and found it soon became boring. But I stayed on at it even though my parents were dead I wanted to make them proud because it was something I never seemed to do much of when they were alive.

After some time I started to get a passion for martial arts once again and I had never missed a lesson until this very day.

I put the nunchucks in my bag reminiscing about old times.

 “Lets go find somewhere to sleep. It’s late and we need rest.” I said looking at Hayashi who gave me a small smile before we were off towards the trees again.

Boy 9 Kuronaga, Boy 10 Sasagawa, Boy 14 Tsukioka, Boy 17 Numai

Girl 3 Kanai Dead

35 To Go

…………….

(No ones pov)

It was still dark and the ground was grassy and hilly. Gun shots could be heard from other places on the island.

Sakura Ogawa and Kazuhiko Yamamoto had met up with each other after leaving the building where the nightmare all began.

Ogawa was walking ahead of her boyfriend because of not having the weight of a green bag on her shoulders. When she first threw the bag back at Kitano she wasn’t thinking straight and even though she felt a slight feeling of pride when doing it she felt helpless afterward.

After walking together for a while they stopped once they had reached a cliff ledge. There were rocks just visible at the bottom as well as the rough water crashing against the cliffs side.

“I’m so sorry… I couldn’t help you.” Yamamoto said to his girlfriend. They had spent years together as a couple but now there seemed to be no hope left in the world.

“No I’m grateful that you came with me.” Ogawa said looking up at him

“What’ll happen to us?” He asked

“I know one thing.” Ogawa said looking out over the horizon clutching onto her own blue bag.

“What?” Yamamoto asked his voice showing a little bit of fear that he was trying to contain.

“I’ll never play this game.” She said throwing her blue bag with all of her belongings into the raging water below the cliff.

Yamamoto felt tears drip from his eyes and seemed to break down. He knelt down burying his face into his bag and screamed out “Can’t anyone help us?”

Ogawa knelt down by his side putting a comforting hand on his back. “No one can help us.” She said in a whisper “Let’s go.”

Yamamoto looked up at her as she took hold of his arm and gently pulled him to his feet.

“Here goes.” Ogawa said clutching onto Yamamotos arm.

Yamamotos scream rang out as they both jumped from the cliff into the raging water and murderous rocks below.

Now all they would ever see would be nothing but black.

Boy 21 Yamamoto

Girl 4 Ogawa Dead

33 To Go

VOTE (If you feel bad for who's died so far)

COMMENT (What do you think to Hayashi)

PLEASE