Chapter seven- Charlie's day

(Contains flashbacks)

I showed up at Charlie's house at 8:00. I didn't know what we were going to do, so I wore a casual tight black shirt with ripped jean shorts. I knocked on the door and he answered and led me inside.
"Sooo what are we doing today?" I asked
" we're going to the park for breakfast"
He grabbed a ready-made basket and we left

*Flash back*
Things were going great between me and Charlie. I really think that he could be the one.
"Hey c, imma go get some food"
"Ok, be safe " Now that I think about it, he seemed to be getting food a lot. I'm sure it's nothing...
*end of flashback*

We got to the park and we ate his home made chocolate croissants.
"Caroline, you look beautiful" he said gazing into my eyes. His piercing blue eyes not looking away from mine.
"Thank you" I said looking down. After we ate, he took us to a ferry where we rode to a waterfall to take a hike. We stopped at the top of the mountain as he took the other part of the basket out for lunch. We then walked down to the bottom of the mountain where a little boat waited for us. We spent the evening there, not hungry enough to eat dinner. We stayed until it got dark to look at the stars.

*Flashback*
The next time he said he needed food, I followed him. My suspicions were correct. He went to a girl's house. When I got back home to my house I cried myself to sleep. I awoke at 1:00 in the morning to rocks being thrown at my window.
"What do you want?" I asked harshly
"Baby why didn't you stay at my house?" Charlie asked
" Oh I wonder, it totally wasn't because you were with another girl" I accused
"C, I'm so sorry it wasn't anything I never cared about her I-"
"Save it. Goodbye Charlie. I hope you enjoy the rest of your life without me" I slammed my window shut and went back to bed.
I'm leaving South Carolina tomorrow.
*end of flashback*

"C, I really want you to be mine again. You're too good for someone like Zach"
"Don't bring him into this, you don't know him" I sighed
"I know I'm sorry I just care about you so much."
"Charlie I don't know if I can handle dating you again."
"Baby I didn't know what I was doing! I could never stand to break your heart again."
"Ok" I said "we'll see"
"Just remember, I'll always love you more than he could ever"
After he said that, we paddled back to shore and drove home. He dropped me off at my house and I went straight to bed.
Maybe Charlie means well...