Chapter 15

"Now that we're alone, can you please help me get this eyeliner off? I have no clue how to do that."
I laughed and followed Zach to the bathroom to help him take off the eyeliner. After that, we got changed and went to bed.

...

I woke up early to go to the studio again to work on the duet. When I got there, everyone set to work and we finished the song lyrics in about an hour. We decided to record the song the next day since I had a gig to perform a song.

I drove to the park with an outside stage to get ready for my cover of Malibu by Miley Cyrus.
The boys were coming to support me and I was extremely nervous I was gonna mess up.

Or my mic won't work

Or I'll trip and fall

Or I'll fall of the stage

Basically there are endless possibilities of what could go wrong.

...

The show was about to start and I peeked through the curtains. Hundreds of people flooded through the park and were looking up at the stage expectantly.

Well. This is it.

"Thank you everyone for coming!" The announcer began " We have a vey special performance from the one and only, Caroline Knight!"

The curtains opened to me and the small band behind me and I looked to find familiar faces. I immediately locked eyes with Zach and he gave me a thumbs up.

Here we go.

The music started playing.

I never came to the beach or stood by the ocean
I never sat by the shore under the sun with my feet in the sand
But you brought me here
And I'm happy that you did
Cause now I'm as free as birds crashing the wind

I always thought I'd sink, so I never swam
Never went boating, don't get how they're floating
And sometimes I get so scared when I don't understand

But here I am
Next to you
The sky's more blue
In Malibu
Next to you
In Malibu
Next to you

The crowd was dancing and I built more confidence to finish the song.

"Thank you." The crowd erupted into cheers and I probably looked ridiculous with how big my smile was.

I met the boys behind the stage and they all congratulated me in a big group hug that ended with us all falling on the floor.

Zach gave me a small peck on the nose, and said bye to head back home.

As I was driving home, I thought about how maybe, in a few years, this'll all feel normal to me and I'll be playing in arenas.

Maybe

Just maybe