Chapter 13

The man above is what I imagine Ethan looks like.( you'll meet him in a second) but with darker hair.

I woke up from a restless sleep to find texts from Zach he sent throughout the night.

10:00 pm
Zach❤️: Baby come back
Zach❤️: please I can't sleep knowing you're upset

11:34 pm
Zach❤️: please Caroline

2:58 am
Zach❤️: I'll keep the door unlocked in case you change your mind

5:17 am
Zach❤️: I love you I matter what

It was 10:00 now so I figured I would go talk to Zach.

When I got to their house, the front door was still unlocked so I let myself in and wandered down the halls to his room. I knocked in his door and no one answered it. I quietly opened it to find his bed sheets and blankets all on the floor. Confused, I walked around the house trying to find him. None of the other boys were awake and I was about to leave until I heard a noise in the kitchen.

I walked in to find Zach staring at his bowl of cereal with black bags under tired looking eyes.

"....Zach?"

He looked up and relief crossed through is face.

"Caroline, I'm so sor-"

"Zach it's fine. I forgive you."I said slowly walking towards him.

Not liking how much time I was taking, he ran to me and wrapped his arms around me.

"I hope we never fight again." He said into my hair.

"Yeah. Same." I agreed

"How's it going with you and Jonah?" I asked

"He's like a brother to me of course I forgave him, but this really put a dent in our relationship."

"Understandable."

Zach and I talked for awhile longer, then I had to go to the studio for a recording session.

When I got there, I was told I was going to be making a duet with their up-and-coming male singer to boost both of our careers.

As soon as he walked through the doors , I saw why they picked him. He already looked and dressed like a celebrity. He had Ice blue eyes and raven colored hair. He walked in with so much confidence, that he had everyone's eyes on him.

He walked straight towards me with a smirk.

"Hey. You must be Caroline ."

"Yes. And you are?"

"Ethan Carter" He stuck out his hand

"Nice to meet you." I said shaking it.

"Same goes for you. Pretty name for a pretty girl." He said with a wink.

"Uh I actually have a boyfriend."

"Oh? Was just being friendly." He grinned

We quickly got to work on the duet and finished about half the song.

Before I got the chance to leave, Ethan stopped me.

"Here's my number, in case you want to write the song outside of the studio."

"Thanks." I said and left.

I got a text from Zach telling me to come over and he asked me how work went. I told him I was doing a duet with Ethan Carter and he adapted a vengeful look on his face.

"Ethan and my band has been competing for number one spots for the last two months."

"Oh.." I said

"It's fine this is your first song. I'm not gonna stop you." He laughed "Anyway, Halloween is coming up and I was wondering if you wanted to do a costume with me?"

"Definitely! 

Zach and I talked about costume ideas and we decided on a pirate and a mermaid.

After the decision we went to bed, finally able to sleep well being together again.