Chapter 22

"Excuse me?" I asked, tears threatening to fall out of my eyes.

"I'm sorry..." he began.

But the thing was, his eyes showed no sympathy. They were cold. The dark brown they usually were, was now a lighter brown with a glint of gold. It looked almost if he was under a-

"Hey! Guys!" Evelyn said putting an arm around Zach

"Hey baby." He said kissing her cheek

"A-are you serious?" I said finally letting the tears fall

"Told you he would be mine." Evelyn said with a wink and a smirk and they walked away.

I ran out of the house bawling, not caring that I bumped into Jack on the way out.

I got back to my house and cried into my pillow, realizing that it was finally over.

Jacks pov

I ran after Caroline as fast as I could. I sprinted in behind her and watched as she fell on her bed and cried.

"Caroline?"

She jumped

"What?" She asked wiping her eyes and sniffling

"What happened?!?"

"I'm not really sure myself. All I know is that Zach and Evelyn are together now."

"What? How? She's not his type at all! To think
I was friends with her. Like, I did notice she was acting strange. She was in the kitchen all morning making this weird red drink and-"
I got cut off

"WHAT? Evelyn made that drink?!? Zach drank it! What if it was like some potion? Maybe he doesn't actually love her!!" Caroline said sitting up.

We ran back to the house to confront Evelyn.

"Yes" she said rolling her eyes. "It's actually really annoying. I locked him in a room because he was so clingy. I already tried to reverse it but it made his memory go back a couple of months. He doesn't remember you Caroline."

"W-what??" She said looking like she was going to cry again

"There has to be some way! What if we make him fall in love all over again!? That could work ! He can't stay like this forever."

Evelyn didn't care so she sat on the couch and got in her phone while Caroline went back to her house and out in the outfit she had when she first got here. I told the boys what was going on and the plan to act like this was the beginning again.

How was this even possible. Aren't potions only a thin in movies?

I opened the door to Zach's room.

"Hey bro there's a new girl across the street. Thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves."

"Alright cool." He said

We walked over and me, Corbyn, and Daniel all shared nods.

We rang the doorbell and there was Caroline looking like she did five months ago.

"Hey we're your next door neighbors!"

This has to work.