HARD BARGAIN.

Dilly was sick.
I woke up in the morning to find a very warm and shivering Dilly on her improvised bed. "Dilly, Dilly wake up"

She couldn't even keep her eyes open. I had absolutely no idea of what to do.
Luckily it was still midterm. So there was no need to skip school and get caught.
     "Dilly" I shook her but she didn't budge.

I felt like crying and my knees gave way .
Sweet Dilly, my Dilly.. She was sick and I had no idea what to do . I had no idea what sickness it was or how to fix it. Plus with her many illnesses even the smallest of sicknesses could become life-threatening.

What do I do what do I do what do I do?
       I squeezed her warm pale hand. "I'll be right back "
I ran out of our cottage, touring the woods in search of some herbs that Dilly had used for me when I got sick.

     I searched high and low through the dense forest but found nothing apart from a bunch of poisonous berries and  unidentifiable leaves.

    I kept wandering deeper and deeper into the forest till I found something that vaguely resembles the dark green heart shaped leaves Dilly used for me.

  She wasn't getting any better. The leaves seemed to have made it even worse as her lips and face were now swollen and she had broken out in hives.
Sh$t, what do I do? What do I do?

   I laid restlessly on my couch and stared at my ceiling while enjoying the chilly afternoon autumn breeze coming in through the broken window.

I laid there pondering my options. Do I go to the school nurse? ... No , she would check the records and find out that we are imposters.

   Do I go to the pharmacy? No... They'll  ask for our parents or worse a prescription and I don't even know what the heck is wrong with Dills . Ugh.
I threw the tattered couch pillow on the ground in frustration.

   What to do? What to do? I can't just sit here and watch her die... But there's nothing to do... I'm hopeless.....unless. A stray thought managed to cross my stressful train of thought.... A thought that made me shiver with oh-so-delicious rage. Him.
I realized I didn't know his name. Or instead I had chosen to forget it.

       I headed out to the lake with a tattered cloth hung around my shoulders. This was my only way of battling the cold .

It was late in the afternoon and ...i ... Was... Freezing. The glassy looking waters stared deep into my soul and o stared right back.  "Nope, not today missy ." I glared at the beautiful clear depths of the crystal clear water.

"I won't dip even a toe into your cool depths. You're too cold, so cold your on the verge of being ice... You're almost as cold as my frozen heart" I scolded the water as a light laugh erupted from the other side of the bank.

"What the--?" I moved closer to that side of the river. "Hahahaaaaa... Oh my.. You.. You were talking to the river! Hah" he laughed , tears dripping from his bright blue eyes.
"Oh oh... I wasn't expecting you here... Not to mention this" he motioned from me to the river and back again then repeated it all over again while holding on to his stomach while laughing.

"Oohhh ohh , that was hilarious. That was...just.. Hahaa... Your frozen heart ooh"
At that point what seemed to have had an element of light hearted comedy felt like torture.

"I get it I get it it was SOOO funny , lets laugh" I flashed the fakest the smile I could muster and got straight to business ,"so... Your offer., remember yesterday? .. Yes"

He looked at me with his red face like I was the ghost of Christmas past or something like that. "You said?" He asked turning his ear towards me for verification .

"I said Yes!" I shout into his ear making him cringe and reel backwards.
"Yes what?" He asked with a victorious smirk plastered on his face.
"Yes, I agree to your offer" .
"And the offer was?" He wiggled his eyebrows at me .. Clearly enjoying watching me squirm with disgust.

"To be your fake girlfriend"
"So you are saying?" He asked satisfaction written all over his face.. I would have given anything to wipe that look off his face but I had a sister to save.

"Yes.ill be your fake girlfriend" I said flatly.
"Only on one condition"
"Yes?" He asked with his dark eyebrows clashing together in a massive unibrow of confusion.
"You'll pay me 500 dollars a month"

He smiled at me , a mischievous light twinkling in his eyes ."so what caused your change of heart?... Im guessing  You finally realized how devilishly charming I am and want to spend the rest of your days soaking in my amazing embrace absorbing the sweet fumes of my--"

"--no , just no.. Cut the crap dude. You're  creepy as hell. I only said yes because my sister is sick and I need some money to get some meds for her.. And that's it.. Just so you know ...you're not in the least bit attractive to me."  That last bit there ... I lied .

He held his heart in an over dramatic way..
"Oohhhh princess? Why hath thou decideth to pierce my heart today , oh dearly beloved.. I assure thee that I will wineth over thy heart by the end of this relationship..oh beautiful Juliet ... And thou shan't be able to have enough of me."

He smirked and I frowned.
What a jerk.

Then he looked straight at me ..all traces of jokes and idiocracy gone from his eyes.
"So where's your sister?"