Hallucinations

"So Prince McIdiot, when were you going to tell me that you spiked my food"

"Nina, I did not spike your food" , he took one hand off the steering wheel and placed it on mine reassuringly, I tapped his hand away "oww" , he lost focus of the road for a few seconds.

"Pay attention dummy, I don't wanna get killed" I narrowed my eyes at him from the passenger seat.
"It was your fault!" He frowned and glared at me.. It was downright creepy.

"Look, I know my food was spiked because I saw a mermaid.. A freaking mermaid.. I mean. And not one of those people wearing fish tails I mean a real half fish half woman looking thing."

He rolled his eyes at my melodrama. "First of she was a siren, secondly there are a lot of 'supernatural ' creatures in Gransfortham.. If you wander far enough from civilization , you'll come into contact with them."

"Okay, so you're saying it wasn't all in my head? That I'm not crazy?" I started to laugh manically like a possessed Cheshire Cat. "I get it.. Your food must have been spiked too , we were having the same hallucinations"

"Sigh.. Nina that would be impossible.. Plus we were not drugged okay?"

Liar.i zipped my mouth and stared silently.

.......

I sat on the fluffy bed and pulled out the bracelet Senara gave me...

It was beautiful , seven blue stones were joined together by intricately woven gold .forming spider web lines on the stones at their edges. "Beautiful"
And joined together by one white stone in the middle.

I slipped it on, expecting to see a vision or something.. But instead I saw nothing.
Nothing happened . Feeling disappointed I placed the bracelet into my jewelry box

"Chad.. What did she mean by I would remember."

He sat beside me on the bed , "I dunno "

"Stop lying to me Chad" I crossed my arms "ever since I got here everyone looks at me like they know something I don't and honestly that scares me."

"Nina , when it's time--"
"--no Chad .. Please tell me now.All my memories have been clouded since I met Dilly ... I can't remember anything before that time, and I'm pretty sure I remember that only because of the dreams I have almost every night.. Please tell me Chad"

I saw pain flash through his eyes."Nina," he breathed as he held both my hands together . "I would love to tell you, I promise.. But the elders. I .. I can't ."

"Why won't they let you tell me?"

"Nina it's complicated.. it puts the whole island at risk"
I frowned at him in realization of what he was trying to say.
"you douche , it's about the throne isn't it.. You're not telling me because you're scared you would loose your petty throne.... I was actually starting to trust you"

I stormed out of the room , leaving Chad behind .. With his head in his hands
He didn't bother to chase me.

.....

"Dilly open the door" , I knocked for the twentieth time, my knuckles were starting to ache and they had already turned red. "Dilly open the door.. It's me Nina"

"Go away Nina" I heard her voice from the other side of the door.
"Dilly open the door! Please.." I sat on the outside of the door . "Or I'm not leaving"

"Suit yourself" . She pulled open the door quickly and I fell backwards in the process . Banging my head against the ground.

"Oww" I picked myself off the floor . "Dills , why did you lock me out?"

"Dills why did you lock me out?" She mimicked me in a mockful time and scoffed . I noticed the dark eye bags under her eyes. She hasn't been sleeping.

"Dilly have you been sleeping? " she ignored me and walked away from me, "Dills are you okay?"

"Dills are you okay ? Dills this , Dills that.. Do I look okay?" She frowned and turned to face me. "I came here with you because I wanted to experience a new place with you as my sister. But ever since you stepped into this castle you forgot about me"

I winced as the truth cut me like a knife. "Dilly--"
"--oh save your sympathy. And don't pretend like you care .. Ever since we got out of poverty and you became a 'princess' you forgot about my existence.. You were only focused on That Prince boy and his playboy brother"

"Tony is his brother?" I gasped
"Yes. Tony is his brother. And I don't know why you hang out with that guy. He's a total player .Nina you've changed. I don't know you anymore," she sat in the bed and frowned at me.

"Dills.. I'm sorry" ,
She rolled her eyes skeptically at me. "Dilly , we've been through a lot together .. We stick closer than my own blood would . I love you as my sister and nothing would ever change that okay?" She looked at me unimpressed. "I've just been preoccupied with this princess shit" she smiled at me.

"You cussed." She smirked. "It's still you"

I face palmed .
So all this while she just wanted to hear me cuss?
Shit , oh my gosh it's true... I have stopped cussing. Those teachers have broken me..

Always with their 'watch your language , a princess doesn't speak in such a vulgar manner' I heard my inner voice repeating what my trainers had said one too many times.
"You're crazy , you know that?"
"Not more than you . No one can reach your crazy Nina... No one"
....

I explained the whole mermaid thing and watched Dilly's eyes open to the size of saucers. She had reverted to little kid mode and was staring at me , listening intently to my story while I painted my nails .

"So she said you would remember everything?"
"Yep" I popped the p and dropped my last foot to let the paint dry."To be honest I don't completely believe in this stuff.. It feels like a prank."

"You're such a disbeliever Nina, live a little , and what if it's true?"

I pondered over the wise words that came out from the tiny body beside me and answered. " Well , then I've got myself in some deep shit"

......
Short chapter I know.. Anyway I missed Dilly's presence in the book. 😹
Thinking about changing the genre... Or no? Ughhhhh I'm so confused.lol