You didnt win

Chad.
  I clenched my fist tightly as I sat behind them at the restaurant.
I promised her I would protect her.. And even if this was weird I would keep to my word. I didn't trust Anthony... I never did. He would just do what he did the last time again .

I found myself growling at him from where I was sitting. I saw him leaning in.
And to my relief I saw her leaning back. Away from him and his pretty boy charms....

. Why did he have to be handsome? Why couldn't he look disgusting...
great now I'm acting jealous..I can practically see the green monster laughing at me. Even though I have no right to be ..She doesn't feel anything for me... She doesn't know what I know.

I wish I could just tell her everything. Just go against the council.those people were a bunch of old hags anyway.

I saw them get up to leave , his hand on her lower back. She smiled uncomfortably....
Let her go fucktard... Can't he see she's not interested?

.......

"Chadmond. Nina failed the first test."

I face palmed ."what on earth makes you say that"

"The first test was to see if she would go behind your back... And she did that faster than we expected"

I stared blankly at the old prunes sitting in front of me... They were doing what they did every single year since I lost her..

"Listen .. She was completely clueless.. It's not fair ,She sees him as a friend!" I defended her , it wasn't about the darn throne.. The idiots could take it If they wanted it ... I just wanted her. What if she doesn't see him as just a friend?i shouldn't have let her go... But I had no right to stop her from going.

"That's not what she looked like" , Tony's velvety voice echoed from the other side of the room. "She looked like she was ready to jump on me and moan my name all night."he smiled that jerkish smile he was famous for.

Idiot. I couldn't help it so I lunged at him. "Don't flatter yourself Anthony.. We both know the only thing she would jump on would be the next flight home "

He rubbed his jaw where my fist had connected with his face,"you seem to forget Chadmond" he spat my name out like it was rotten food. "This was her home .. Once"

"Before you took it from her" I threw another punch but he dodged as the council looked on with judging eyes...this would definitely be reported to 'my father'.

"Oohhhh.. No brother. You took Mira from me... I take Nina from you"..he landed a punch in my gut and it sent me flying back. "Besides , she doesn't remember anything brother... She's basically a new person and by the way , version 2.0 is not in love with you"..,

I stumbled up ,wincing from the pain.. I couldn't tell which was more painful , his words or the throbbing in my chest." Just give her time" I pleaded more to myself than to the elders.

Anthony chuckled lightly as he circled me . "That's what you get for stealing my other half. The only woman I ever loved" .. Hate was swirling in his grey irises.
I pushed him away from me.."look , get over it .. It had nothing to do with me.. I didn't force her to do anything"

"Yes ,you did" he spoke through gritted teeth just as his fist landed on my jaw. I heard a sickening crack. He had always been stronger than me physically.

"I had nothing to do with her.. Besides " I pulled on his wires. "It's not my fault she found me attractive" another hit..another crack I felt the liquid trickling out of my nose.he pulled me up by the collar of my shirt.

"It's not my fault she would do anything to get away from you" I spat at him. The same liquid oozing out of a cut on my lip... "Even if it meant death"

I heard a loud grunt before I was knocked out as his fist collided with my skull.
.....

"Nina, where's Nina?" I gasped as I woke up in my room with Cryolla looking at me sympathetically.
"She wanted to know what was wrong with you and your brother offered to explain"
..
"He's not my brother" I sat up. Wincing from the pain.
"Lie down prince... " Cryolla sternly reprimanded me and placed an ice pack on my swollen jaw." The Princess doesn't see him that way"

How is she so sure. "Did she tell you that?" I felt her smile a bit and my hatred cooled a bit.
"No, but I know" her eyes twinkled like they always did when she knew something I didn't."I've always known."

....

"Chad .. Are you okay" I heard the familiar voice speak to me. Genuine care laced her voice.. It felt like music to my ears.
"I'm fine Nina", I held her cheek and she smiled against my hand.
"Tony told me what happened" I frowned deeply at what she said.
"What did he tell you" I struggled to pick myself off the bed so I could look into her eyes.

"He said you were robbed on your way back into the castle from a night in town", she smiled slightly .
"Is that all he said?" ,
she turned away from me... Looking everywhere but at me."yes"

She's lying.
" are you sure..Nina, you can tell me anything" I grabbed her jaw and turned her to face me.
"He.. He said you went out to meet your hoes," she blushed and looked away.
was she jealous?

"Nina.. I didn't go out to meet 'my hoes' , I don't have any hoes." She looked at me disbelievingly .

"Also..he said you were completely wasted"
that idiot. I felt my face redden . She must have taken That as a confirmation of what she just said because she got up in anger.
"I can't believe you Chad, "

"Nina, I didn't go out to get wasted", she turned away from me and begun walking to the door.
"Then How do you explain this Chad.. How did you let yourself get beaten to a pulp"
She walked out of the room and slammed the door behind her.

At least she cares...even if this is her way of showing it.