..lost cause..

Chad.

"Not again! " I rubbed my temples while turning to face the guard who had electrocuted  Nina . "What did you do that for?" Didn't he know she would just vanish out of the place?

"She would have killed you ,prince. " I shot daggers at him with my eyes . "I..I was only doing my job"

"Whatever"

I left the cell without asking any more questions. I have to find her.
I didn't care how long it would take me . I had lost her once and I wouldn't lose her again.., not this time.

"Cryolla have you seen Roderick?" I found the middle aged woman who always gave me helpful advice wandering about in the damage.

"He's in the castle clinic."

I felt a bead of sweat roll down my forehead as my heart thumped in my chest. I swallowed a lump in my throat before asking,"is he injured?"

"No. He's looking for Dilly" she smiled a soft smile at me and edged closer to me whispering,"you'll get through this... give it time. wait a second "

She turned away from me and walked further into the damage like she was looking for something. I stood staring at her as she fished through the pieces of cement and brick all over the ground and pulled out a piece of blue jewelry.

I raised an eyebrow in confusion. Jewelry?
"When you find her... give this to her. She will remember" she smiled again.
"But , she already remembers.. and she hates me"

"No she doesn't" her warmth rushed over me in waves making me tear up from the strange swirl of emotion rushing through my chest, "she's scared and confused.
She doesn't fully understand what's happening to her. She lost control to all the grief and pain she had kept in her heart the whole time... give her time to remember everything." She placed emphasis on everything. Her wise eyes boring holes into mine.

I tried my best to smile. But the dread in the pit of my stomach was holding my facial muscles down. "It will be okay" she patted my shoulder.

Nodding I turned away from the wise woman and headed towards the clinic.

....

"Chadmond" , Roderick turned to face me as soon as I entered the room. It smelled of rubbing alcohol, pain and medicine, not the best combination.. "You're okay?"

He placed a warm hand on my shoulder . "You look worn out you should get some rest. That earthquake was terrible."

Earthquake?
"I'm fine. I need to find Nina"

"I need to find Dilly, come on we can look for them together" . The realization hit me like a bag of cement. He doesn't know about the whole Nina accident.

"Nina is not in the castle "
He looked at me like I was mad. "You mean she was outside during the earthquake?"

"No.. I mean . She WAS the earthquake" I gulped. "She remembered a fragment of some twisted version of the past and now she wants to kill me" I lowered my head closer to his so that no one else would eaves drop on the conversation.

"She got her memory back?" ... he scratched the back of his head. "and she wants to kill you?" He uttered something under his breath. "And you are still planning on looking for her." He gave me that 'you are so stupid 'glare "you won't even give her time to cool down? " he opened his eyes wide at the last past.

"Yes. I need to find her to give her this" I opened my palm and showed him the blue bracelet.

"You are looking for her.... in that state... to give her... jewelry?" He ran his hands through his brown hair in desperation. "Jewelry !?" He screeched .

"It's supposed to help,, Cryolla gave it to me"

He raised his hands in defeat and begun to walk away, "fine fine .." he was always scared of Cryolla for some reason I didn't know,

"Let's look for Dilly, after that I'll go look for Nina."

"Alone?" He stopped dead in his tracks ." You're Not going out in that state alone. I'm going with you"

I smiled lightly before turning away from my best friend to look for his girl.

.....

"Dills , you okay?" He pulled her from under a pile of rubble.

"I'm.." she winced "fine"
"You need to see a nurse. " he carried her in his arms and walked /ran to the clinic.

"Roderick.. it's not like I'm dying or anything." She laughed at him . Her breathing wheezy and light,

"Shhh"

....

"She'll be fine. She was lucky all she got were few scratches " the nurse placed the last bandaid on Dilly's forehead.

"In a few weeks she'll be as good as new. " I saw Roderick relax from the corner of my eye . He finally stopped pacing like an expectant dad with his wife in the labor ward.

"I need to go and find Nina" I heard Roderick tell Dilly once the nurse left.

"I'll go with you" she jumped up from the chair .

"I don't want you getting hurt Dills. Please. Just stay here for me" he held her hands in an attempt to stop her.

"I know Nina ... she's closer than a sister to me, please." She opened those big brown eyes and I could feel the restraint melting off Roderick. Geez lovebirds. "If anyone can find her it's me."  He smiled at her bravery and used a hooked finger to sweep a stray hair away from her face.

"Okay. Enough of the love .. it's suffocating me . I need to find Nina" , they smiled knowingly at me and I shook my head at them .

"We need to stock up" Dilly took a bag from the nurse and headed to the kitchen, a kitchen which was untouched ,apart from a passed out Eva. Sigh.

"Why are you putting cake in there?" Roderick asked Dilly as she stuffed a few slices of a purple iced cake in a container into the bag.

"Mango cake, It's for Nina" she smiled at him. "You'll understand later." He smiled back it was so sweet and I was choking on the weird feeling enveloping my stomach... envy.

"Hurry up would you?" I left the kitchen hurriedly .if I stay there one more minute I'll puke, it's too sugary in there.. and it's not from the cake.

...

They sat in the back seat of my car. And I sat at the front of the car. Hands on the wheel .

"So where do we start?" Roderick held Dilly's hand and kissed the top of it.

I sparked the car and drove out of the castle and onto the road.
"I have no fucking idea"