4 - Sid

The new guy was beaming at me with amused eyes, radiating a palpable sense of joy that filled the room. I took a moment to gather my thoughts, hoping to reciprocate the positive energy he exuded. The tension in the air seemed to grow thicker, with each passing moment intensifying the pressure in the room. It was as if the silence had taken on a life of its own. Realizing that it was essential to break the stagnant silence, I mustered the courage to end the standoff. My words finally found their way out, breaking the spell that held us captive.

"Guess the show is over." I said, faking a chuckle.

Without waiting for any reaction, I quickened my pace towards the steps, eager to break free from all this unwanted attention I seemed to be gathering. But, just as I thought I had escaped, he unexpectedly seized my trembling wrist with a firm grasp. What's with everybody and my wrist today?

"You are that young girl, right?"

What is he talking about? Oh, that...

"Of course, I am the young girl who was yelling 'Cheap Thrills' on top of her lungs. Did you think it was a crazy woman? It's okay, I get that a lot."

I gave him another awkward smile, attempting to hide my anxiety, but my futile efforts only made the situation worse. He looked puzzled, clearly unable to make sense of my unconvincing display, and with conviction, he simply shook his head.

"No, not that. I mean, you are the girl whom Adrian brought?"

"Ah, that brilliant, beautiful-looking model is me."

I certainly have to congratulate myself for acting so confidently. My fingers were trembling like leaves, but I never broke eye contact with him. In spite of my struggles with social awkwardness, I refused to be a victim of bullying. Instead, I dedicated myself to learning the art of concealing my fears. Through persistence and self-contemplation, I gradually learned the skills to navigate social situations with confidence.

He grinned widely upon hearing my response, revealing a charming smile that lit up his face. I couldn't help but find him utterly endearing and captivating. But then again, every individual whom I have seen here is incredible. From Mr. Perfect to the gatekeepers, they all resemble models. I guess vampire stories are real with regards to their male species.

"You seem to like Sia?"

I was brought back to reality by his words, and I shrugged my stiff shoulders.

"Naah, I am more into Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift, but I like this particular melody of hers."

I said, waving my hand.

"So, you are a music lover, then?"

"You bet."

Music can cause me to enter the world of Nirvana, a state where my mind transcends reality, floating amidst melodies that stir my emotions and transport me to a place of pure bliss.

"Want to join me? I think some quality company is appreciated now."

He asked, raising his eyebrows challengingly. I smiled politely, my mind swirling with witty comebacks. But as my lips parted to respond, I realized something chilling: they were not just any ordinary creatures, but blood-sucking vampires. What if he was trying to lure me inside and eat me? Was I not being a fool by escaping from one vampire and then walking into the room of another? However, before I could reply, I was interrupted by a smooth voice that filled the passage.

"That will not be necessary, Sid."

I have heard this voice before, but where? Oh... And there he is, ladies and gentlemen, presenting Mr. Perfect in all his serious glory. Was he following me? His confident stride gives off an air of mystery, gripping everyone's attention. Curiosity dances in my mind, searching for answers to the puzzle his eyes held.