Her heart.....

"Ryan, please come fast. It's urgent."

"Is there any problem?"

Ryan had never heard Raphael speaking so breathlessly. And that was a bad sign. Something terrible has happened. The worst scenarios passed through his mind in a flash.

"There is a problem. And I don't know how to deal with it alone. Please be fast, Ryan."

Raphael was almost pleading, and he didn't have to say twice, as Ryan was already slamming his foot on the accelerator.

"Is Lillian okay?"

"I am afraid she's not."

It was like the air got sucked out of Ryan's lungs. The call ended because of poor signal strength and Ryan prayed to almost every God in the Universe to let his favourite people be safe.

Within forty-five minutes, which was record-breaking, Ryan parked the car and got out, marching towards the front door only to see a tensed Cole. From the look on his face and shirtless body, Ryan guessed that he had come here in his wolf form.

Before knocking, a smiling Raphael opened the door as if he was waiting for them. Of course he was.

"Took you long enough." He said, still maintaining the posture.

"What happened to Lillian?"

"Is Lillian safe?"

Ryan and Cole asked at the same time.

Raphale moved a little, allowing them to enter.

"Why don't you see for yourself?"

Both the boys were confused. Either Raphael has gone mad or he is digging his own grave by pulling a prank.

Cole went in first, glaring at Raphael.

"I'll deal with you later."

Ryan did the glaring thing but said nothing.

Lillian was sitting on the couch, playing with her fingers nervously. Her eyes lighted up seeing the two familiar, yet worried faces.

She got up before Cole pulled her into a tight hug.

"What the heck happened?"

She looked at Cole and then back at Ryan.

"I fainted, and we went to see a doctor as my energy has kept draining a lot lately."

Lillian glanced at Raphael, who was smiling from ear to ear now. He mouthed a 'go on', encouraging Lillian to continue. She nodded a little, then looked at her now confused brothers.

A chuckle escaped her lips.

"And he said that we are soon going to welcome a new family member."

Seconds passed and still both of them remained still.

Lillian's smile slowly started to fade. But before it could vanish, a sturdy pair of arms lifted her from the floor, making her float in the air. All she could hear was yelling and screaming and "Yess".

The two boys, for the first time, acted their age. It was a child, for heaven's sake. Ryan frowned and motioned Cole to place her down, fearing that she might get hurt.

It was the best day of their lives. The baby was going to seal their relationship. Now no one will be able to separate them.

But after the excitement, fear crawled into everyone's mind. What if the child is indeed dangerous to the world? What type of creature will it be? What if others find out about it?