18 - The fairy goddess

"What am I supposed to do now? This is just increasing."

I screamed, realizing that I probably looked like a large orange ball now. I am done asking them what was happening, as their answers are just more confusing. First, I need to stop this.

"Just don't panic, Atarah. It will only make the situation worse."

"Yeah, say the same when you are being engulfed by fire."

I shouted at the girl who only appears when my life takes a turn. However, she was right. The more I lose my mind, the worse it gets. I tried to calm down, but seriously, who would when you are in my shoes?

"We have to contact Ignacia as soon as possible."

Helena said, maintaining enough distance from me. I noticed that she was so practical and mature. I wonder how she dated stupid Sid.

"But how?"

This was the first time Alex spoke, and I was partly glad to see him and I sharing the same emotion for once. He had no clue what was happening, as his eyes looked ready to pop out.

"I don't know. Ryan was there with her all that time. Maybe he knows how she received it."

Helena turned to the said vampire with a questioning look. How will he know when I don't even know? God, these creatures were driving me crazy!

"I was there with her. But during the last hours, I got locked out of the room by him. When I finally entered, everything was over."

Ryan seemed to like memorizing things. Things that I can't understand. I didn't raise any questions, though. It's better that way. Right?

"But how can we contact her when no one knows where she is?"

Cole looked so concerned. Yeah, if you cared so much, you shouldn't have started it in the first place.

"But we have to, before it's too late."

Helena said, glancing in my direction. What? Am I going to die? Helena ordered a few of the werewolves to get some water, and the four-legged animals immediately ran in a random direction before bringing several buckets. They emptied it on me, and as the cold liquid touched my body, I instantly relaxed. It took them numerous trips back and forth from the source of water, and the flame subsided after half an hour or so. I don't remember exactly. Ryan removed his jacket and covered my drenched body with it. He asked if I needed a piggyback ride, and I shook my head violently. When did the situation escalate to a rom-com?

"We have to leave as soon as possible."

Ryan murmured, not giving any room for a contrary opinion. Cole convinced Alex to leave for now and told me to take some rest despite the death glare he was getting from my mate. After all these conversations, I got one point across. Whatever was happening here, it was not going to be good for me.

.............................

By the time we finally arrived at Ryan's room, he had taken out a bag and started packing immediately. He gave me a towel to dry my hair, and I slowly took it from him. The idea of him leaving at this point didn't suit me well. My energy felt drained, and I was afraid that the incident would repeat.

"Are you trying to escape from me?"

I asked, my sound fading at the end. I hate to be weak, but my mind was not functioning properly right then.

"Do you want me to?"

He replied, still packing. I wanted to say 'no' but my ego wouldn't allow it.

"As you wish."