Story goes on....

"Say something, Ryan, at least to comfort me."

Raphael was pacing back and forth in the extensive library while Ryan sat on the couch, looking at his uncle with concern.

When Raphael first told him that he loved Lillian, Ryan burst into a fit of laughter. But seeing Raphael's emotionless face made him shut his mouth.

"What can I say?"

Ryan responded honestly. He was at a loss for words.

"Should I tell her?"

Ryan scratched his temples, thinking hard about Raphael's question.

"Even if you tell her, you know how the end will be, right?"

"I know."

Raphael sat on the couch, making Ryan slightly shift from his position because of the force he exerted.

"I really know it's not possible for both of us to be together, but I am not worried about the law right now. That comes second, actually."

"Then what?"

"Whether she'll love me back"

"Well... like I said before, only when you try, you'll know."

Ryan had little experience in this field as he couldn't date around being the prince and all. Besides, his grandfather could predict the future and had said during his birth that he would have a mate, which was unusual in the modern era.

"But what if she has a mate like you? Or what if she loves someone else? A werewolf maybe..."

Ryan threw his hands in the air, exasperated. Raphael was just repeating the same thing for the past two hours.

"Go and ask her, man. How the hell would I know?"

Raphael bowed his head, feeling defeated. He really wanted to tell her how he felt but was scared of the after math.

"I'll ask her to meet me today in the fields."

He exclaimed, after fifteen minutes of silence.

"Send her a letter before you change your mind and be a chicken."

Ryan patted his 'elder brother, kind of uncle's' shoulder.

As for Raphael, he maned up and immediately asked his personal servant to pass the message to his beloved. But the moment she sent her acceptance, he was more than tensed.

Ryan was smirking, evidently enjoying Raphael's panicked state.

"You are not helping with your stupid smirk, you know."

The older vampire prince said, his heart weighing him down a ton.

"Should I be helping? I thought you were better than that."

Raphael sighed, tying his shoulder-length hair into a bun.

"Please, Ryan. You know I am not an expert when it comes to girls. But I don't want to lose her because of that. I really love her."

Ryan already got the point and smiled at Raphael genuinely.

"You are so into her, man. Anyway, 'Ryan the almighty' will help you on one condition..."

"And that is?"

"Surprise!!"

"Whatever. So what's your plan?"