21 - Ready to go

Our baggage was set outside the mansion, probably waiting for our means of transportation to arrive. I said goodbye to Ebenezer, Elizabeth, and Marg, who continuously asked me to take care. Elizabeth was really worried about me, and she made me eat a heavy breakfast before leaving.

"You are so skinny. How will you grow stronger if you peck like a pigeon?"

If I had a mother, I assumed that she would have nagged me like that. However, on hearing Elizabeth's complaints about my eating routine, Adrian scoffed in disbelief.

"She eats more than the two of us."

He claimed it, pointing at Sid, and received a smack from the vampire queen. Adrian, Sid, and Ryan were with me on our trip except for Helena. A 'I don't know what model' BMW car was parked in front of us. Adrian and Sid helped the driver load the luggage, and then the three of them got inside.

"Guys, what about Helena?"

I asked, looking confused, as always.

"It's better if she doesn't show up."

Yup, you guessed it right... It was 'Sid the Great'.

"Shut up, Sid. And Atarah, get inside. Helena will come on her own."

Ryan's voice was demanding, so I didn't waste any more time. He sat in the front, leaving the rest of us to adjust in the back seat. We got out of the mansion and into the dark forest. Thank God it was morning; otherwise, those shadowy creatures would have attacked us already. Though I am their Master, I still don't know how to control them. In fact, that's why I am playing this hide-and-seek game, where the person to be found is Ignacia. I slept for half the journey as we were heading to the human dimension. I woke up more than a couple of times to see my two friends adjusting their maximum so that I could take a comfortable nap.

My head was on one vampire's shoulder, and my legs were on the other. After a few hours, I felt refreshed, and it was time for them to take some rest. Ryan had his eyes closed as well, but I doubted if he was sleeping. My thoughts and the car came to a halt at the same time. Everyone got out, followed by me, and I was surprised to see our destination. It was an airport. Are we going by flight? But I don't have a passport. When I expressed my concern, Ryan took a small book from his jacket and opened it to show me my photo, filled with all my details. He got me a passport? That's cool, but creepy.

"Where are we heading to?"

I asked no one specifically. I was so excited about traveling on a flight for the first time, and I couldn't wait.

"You will know. Sid, you go get the tickets, and Adrian will deal with the security."

Came from my beloved crush. Oops, did I just say that? Whatever. Both Sid and Adrian gave a dutiful nod and left us alone. Ryan was helping the driver take out our luggage from the trunk, and I studied my environment. Somehow, I felt happy about getting outside those walls. After all, it's been a long time since I've come face-to-face with humans. I can run away if I want to, though they will find me, eventually. Even so, something was holding me right here, with him. Moreover, the trust he has in me, that I won't leave him. It would cost me my life to break that.

"Are you happy to see everyone? Or are you planning to escape?"

Although Ryan asked me seriously, I could sense a bit of tease in it. It seems like he knows that I won't leave him.

"You are not going to get rid of me that easily."

I smirked, thinking of the words he said on the night of our forest adventure.

"Oh, my bad. I have to tolerate you then."

How dare he? Before thinking twice, I punched him hard on his right shoulder. Not that it will affect him. I withdrew my hands immediately and looked down, blaming all my stars. I just couldn't withstand his staring eyes.