Vampire traits.......

Judging by the view from the window, there's little more time for sunrise. The hut house is still the same, with just a simple chair decorating the entire room.

I watched Ryan unlocking the doors, and a fresh set of panic waved through me.

"What are you doing? It's dangerous outside."

But my warnings were a mere nuisance to him. Ryan continued his job till he yanked the door wide open.

"Do you believe me?"

This time I know he's serious, and there's no room for jokes.

"You do know I trust you. Then why ask all these?"

I said, gripping my hands on my hips.

"Because you are acting like you don't."

His eyes narrowed a bit, confirming his serious mode.

I know our future trust completely relied on my comeback. No matter what power I have, he always wanted to be my knight in shining armor. He loves to be my protector and wanted me to trust him completely. I could have answered him 'that I trust him, but not on this'. Knowing Ryan, it would feel terrible for him.

And I cannot just let that happen. Though he never shows any emotions, Ryan's a living thing too, with blood and bones and hormones. He may never publicize it, but he feels everything, just like others.

I know he loves me so much, then why should I protest? He would even risk his life to save me. And moreover, I am not the old, weak Atarah anymore. I have power, my own army and a family who care for me. It's time to lock up my fears and cross them from my bucket list.

"Are you planning a world war?"

I raised my head and saw a smirking Ryan.

Him and his mood swings.

"No, I was planning something more dangerous."

I moved forward and stood near the entrance, then placed my foot outside the door and 'the transparent, whatever intangible liquid' paved way for us.

I don't know how long I have to give Ignacia a standing ovation for this genius idea. It was that brilliant.

Ryan had a smile on his face, acknowledging my answer to his previous question.

"And what's it that is so dangerous?"

I leaned closer to him, narrowing my eyes into slits and in the process mingling our breaths. Stupid stupid butterflies.

"Murdering you Tadaaaa....."

This time, I gave him a smirk and started to walk.

"I hope you are following me."

I said without turning, surely knowing what expression he had now, amusement.

And of course he was behind me. After reaching the banks, I hugged myself. Thanks to the early hours and the chilly wind..

"Where to?"

"Mountains."

I thought it was a surprise. Not anymore, I guess.

"But it's a long way. Are you going to carry me?"

He shook his head.

"No, you are going to run with me."

I laughed at his inexperienced joke. At least he is trying.

"There's nothing to laugh at, Atarah. You are not just a human. You have vampire traits just like us."