Chapter 1: Crazy Train

Logan Grace Moore sat alone in her compartment, alone like always

Logan Grace Moore sat alone in her compartment, alone like always. Her reddish brown hair was pulled into a braid down her back and her chocolate brown eyes scanned carefully over the words on the book she read. She was a kind and caring girl, but no one ever seemed interested in listening to her so she hid herself away.

She sat nervously playing with her sparrow necklace that her mum and dad had given her for her birthday before abandoning her at the footsteps of an orphanage. Logan was only four when her parents left and never knew why. The orphanage she was at was filled the muggles, non magic folk, and any signs of magic were dismissed as fake.

Once when Logan was six, the other kids at the orphanage left her in the woods alone and she followed a sparrow back to safety. Ms. Gail, head of the orphanage punished her for lying and "running away" from the other kids. After that, Logan kept her magic hidden.

When she turned eleven, something peculiar happened. The other kids were picking on her, as usual when suddenly an owl swooped down on them and scared them away. Logan approached the creature carefully and noticed the letter it had dropped. It was addressed:

Miss. Logan Moore
Edge of the Woods, Children's Center

She carefully picked up the letter and watched as the owl flew away. Logan went back inside the Children's Center and took the letter to Ms. Gail. Her eyes widened as she read the letter.

"Logan! Is this some kind of joke?! Go to your room!"

"But-"

"I said, go to your room!"

Weeks later, an elderly wizard approached the center and knocked on the door.

"Yes?" Ms. Gail asked as she opened the door.

"I am here to speak with a child of yours- Logan Moore."

Ms. Gail eyed his attire cautiously before letting him in. When the young eleven year old saw him she smiled.

"Hello!" She chirped, "I'm Logan! I've never had a visitor before!"

Dumbledore chuckled.

"Good evening Logan, I am Professor Dumbledore, headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry."

"Witchcraft? Ms. Gail says there's no such thing as magic..."

"Ah, yes, but it's true. You my dear, are a witch, and a rather strong one might I add."

After a long conversation and a lot of convincing on Ms. Gail's part, she agreed to let the child attend the boarding school she had been accepted into once she reached the age sixteen, an acceptable age, in her opinion, to travel and stay such a long distance away from her "home". Logan smiled and jumped up and down in delight and Ms. Gail cracked a small smile too. Logan had been there for quite some time and she had grown to care for the girl, even if she grew tired of the "tricks" she would sometimes play.