Chapter 90: A Happy Day?

Logan grinned as she spun around in the wedding dress she was trying on

"I really like this one." She announced.

"I love it!" Maya exclaimed.

"Beautiful!" Lily added, standing up to hug her.

"Why thank you!" Logan smiled, "We should probably go find your dresses!"

"Yesssss!" Maya cheered.

Lily remained quiet.

"What's the matter Lils?" Logan asked as they left the shop and went to another dress shop to find the bridesmaid dresses.

"Nothing." Lily lied.

"Lily." Logan said sternly.

"It's just..." Lily trailed off, "Well, I will look awful."

"What?!" Maya demanded.

"Because of the babies." Lily responded, "I love them dearly, but my body-"

"Lily Jane Potter, you will look bloody gorgeous at my wedding, pregnant or not!" Logan said.

"But-"

"She's right!" Maya interrupted, "You'll look beautiful like you always do. And it's a small ceremony anyways, so it's not like you'll be on the muggle tellyvision."

"Television." Logan corrected.

"Yeah, that." Maya said.

"...okay." Lily sighed.

"Don't you sigh at me, missy." Logan said.

"Sorry mum." Lily joked.

"Goodness, James is rubbing off on you." Maya groaned.

"It happens when you're married." Lily shrugged.

"Well then thank Godric that Remus is more mature." Maya said, "Or we'd all be doomed."

"Hey!" Lily protested, "Don't call my husband immature!"

"Whoops." Maya replied sarcastically.

"Come on girls, don't fight." Logan teased, "Besides, we're here."

Lily and Maya tried on dresses and once they found their sizes in their matching purple gowns, the trio paid for them and left the store. Maya sighed as they exited the store.

"Why so forlorn?" Logan asked.

"Huh?"

"Sad." Lily supplied.

"Oh." Maya cleared her throat, "Right... well, its nothing really..."

"Come on, tell us, Apple Jacks." Lily pleaded.

"I- um, Sirius hasn't spoken to me in a while and I don't know if we're going to Logan's wedding together or not, and if not, that's totally fine, I just need to know, it's not like I really care, I just, um, need to know."

Logan and Lily exchanged glances.

"He hasn't asked you yet?" Logan asked.

"No." Maya frowned.

"That's not like him." Lily added.

"Why don't you ask him to go?" Logan questioned.

"Become I can't contact him." Maya said, "He doesn't answer my calls... and he's rarely ever home according to Peter, but when I went over to his apartment and he was finally there, he just looked so tired and seemed agitated, so I left."

"I'm sorry, Maya." Logan said.

"Maybe he's just moved on." Maya shrugged.

"No, I don't think so." Logan frowned, "He really liked you. You don't usually go from really liking someone to avoiding them."

"I don't know what I did wrong..." Maya said quietly, "Maybe I pushed him away too hard?"

"I'll talk to him." Logan promised.

And she did, though she didn't get any new information from him.

Sirius, much to Logan's oblivion, was dealing with the dark forces that threatened the lives of his friends. He was walking down the street one day, taking a break from apperating, when he saw someone suspiciously duck into an alleyway. Using a quick cloaking spell, he quietly approached the alley.

Bellatrix and a man he didn't recognize were there.

"-filthy blood traitor cousin of mine." She was saying when Sirius came within earshot.

"Right, and his friends?" The man asked her.

"Kill them too." She said, "Anyone who gets in your way must be disposed of. The Dark Lord is angered at Regulus' death, he wants Sirius dead."

Sirius turned and ran away, waiting until he was a safe distance before apperating away. He entered his apartment.

"P-Peter?" He called out.

No response. He sighed and sat down on the couch. His cousin wanted him dead. Not that it was a surprise or anything, but she had actually taken action to making his death more of a reality now. He was in danger, but he didn't really care about that. What bothered Sirius was the fact that his friends could get hurt.

He began to avoid them, to protect them. Most nights he didn't even go back to his shared apartment with Peter, in fear that he would wake one night to Peter's death on his hands. Sirius couldn't have that.

Logan and Remus' wedding day approached, and Sirius debated on whether attending was worth the risk. Eventually, he decided that he would attend, but only for as short as possible.

Logan, quite understandably, was upset. It was her wedding day and she was to be married in less than five minutes. Maya has just informed her that Sirius still wasn't there yet.

"What if he doesn't even show up?!" She panicked in her dressing room.

"He will." Lily reassured her, "Sirius wouldn't miss this for the world."

"What if he's hurt then?" Logan asked, "Maybe I should go back to his apartment and-"

"You're already dressed, Lo." Lily tried to reason.

"I'll change." Logan said.

"He'll show." Maya said firmly, "And I'm going to kill him if he doesn't."

There was a knock at Logan's door. Her nervous pacing stopped and she opened it to reveal Newt.

"Are you ready to get married?" He asked her, offering her his arm.

Logan looked back at her friends, who nodded.

"Okay." She took a deep breath.

She was halfway through the ceremony when Sirius finally showed up. He snuck into the room as quietly as he could, but she noticed. Trying to focus on the moment more than her hurt feelings, Logan looked back at Remus. He smiled at her and she smiled back.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife." The pastor spoke.

Remus and Logan leaned forward and they kissed. Their friends and family clapped and Lily began sobbing. James walked up to her and she dismissed his worry with the wave of her hand.

"Hormones." She excused.

He looked relieved, but guided her to go and sit down nevertheless. Logan and Remus danced together and she also had a dance with Newt. Then, when everything had calmed down a bit and she saw Sirius getting up to leave, she approached him.