Chapter 69: The Date

"You've been doing remarkably well

"You've been doing remarkably well." Newt announced during their next session.

Dumbledore nodded in agreement.

"I'd dare say the obscurial would be ready to leave you soon!" Newt continued before giving Logan a knowing look, "Your lack of loosing control lately... it doesn't have anything to do with a certain boy, does it?"

Logan blushed.

"Newt!" She complained.

He chuckled and Dumbledore looked interested.

"It's all well and all to find stability in others, but you must find stability within yourself." Newt said, suddenly getting serious, "Otherwise you may loose control when that person is not around."

Logan nodded.

"I understand." She said.

"Alright." Newt smiled, "Well it's a lovely day, why don't you run along  to that date you have planned?"

"I- he- Newt!" Logan stumbled over her words.

"What, am I embarrassing you?" He laughed.

"I told you that was confidential!" She cried.

"It's just good ol' Dumbles." Newt replied.

"Still!"

"Okay, Okay. Have a nice date."

And with a wink he turned to leave the room. Logan shook her head and turned around to face the headmaster, cheeks the color of a tomato.

"Oh, it's quite alright dear." Dumbledore said, "I've always been a supporter of young love... now, on a very different note, I have to ask something of you."

"Yes sir?" Logan asked.

"There is a mission coming up." He said, "I was wondering if you, Miss Davis and the Prewett twins would be up for it?"

"I'd be honored, sir." She replied immediately.

"Now, I want to be sure you are hearing me." Dumbledore said, "This mission will be dangerous, the Death Eaters seem to be catching onto us."

"I understand."

Dumbledore nodded once.

"Good. Well, that would be all, Miss Logan. I have some paperwork to get to, and by the sound of it, you have a date to attend."

Logan blushed again and nodded meekly, turning and leaving the office. As soon as the door shut behind her she began to walk rather quickly to meet Remus outside the castle. She felt tempted to run, but since it was against the rules and she didn't fancy missing her date for a detention, she decided against it.

When she saw Remus, he was anxiously pulling the petals off the bouquet of daisies he had gotten for her.

"Hi Remus." Logan said.