Chapter 36: Twin Telepathy

Dear Lily,I am truly sorry that I have disappointed you

Dear Lily,
I am truly sorry that I have disappointed you. I hope you will one day find it in your heart to accept my apology so that we can continue to eat chocolate together. Oh, and to be friends. That too. Okay, well I really hope that you will like my gift to you.

-Logan

(chocolates hand made by Logan)
(and Raina)
(and Milly)
(and James was wondering if you'd go out with him)
(sorry about that Lily, he stole the paper from me)

She gave the letter for Lily and box of chocolates to Maya to give to the red haired girl. The chocolates she had molded with Raina and Milly in the kitchens to the shape of little birds and lilies. Maya delivered the chocolates to Lily the afternoon after Logan had made them. Logan waited until the end of the week to make the chocolates to give Lily some time to cool off first. That, and she was trying to come up with an idea that was good enough to get the girl to forgive her. James had kept suggesting outlandish ideas that Logan had to keep shooting down. It was Remus who had come up with the chocolate idea and Logan promised to save the leftover chocolate for him, though James insisted that some of the chocolates be in shapes of lilies.

Lily managed to track Logan down that evening.

"Logan!" Lily called after said girl as she walked through the hallway with Fabian and Gideon.

"I'll catch up with you later?" Logan asked the boys.

"Sure thing Logan!" Gideon said and Fabian nodded in approval.

Lily waled up to Logan with the box of chocolates in her hand.

"Really?" She asked her, "Lilies?"

"I-I'm sorry, James insisted you'd like them-"

"You got help from Potter with this?" Lily questioned.

Logan sheepishly nodded her head. Lily burst out laughing.

"You must've been really desperate!" She joked.

"Well, I was!" Logan protested, "I really missed you! ...do you forgive me?"

"Maya and Sev have been pestering me to forgive you all week." Lily informed her, "And after you snuck into the kitchens to hand make these cliché chocolates for me... how could I not?"

"Oh Lils!"

"Bring it in, Lo." Lily grinned.

The two friends embraced.

"Maya and Severus really kept bugging you about me?" Logan asked as they walked down the hallway to class.

"Yep! Oh, don't look so surprised, they like you! You're a likable person, Lo."

"Well, I suppose I do have my moments."

"Everyone has their moments, but not everyone is my best friend." Lily reminded her.

Logan smiled and squeezed Lily's shoulder. They entered the Herbology Classroom and took their seats together.

"Yay! The "L" Girls reunite!" Maya cheered when she saw them.

""L" Girls?" Logan questioned.

"Must stand for loser." Some Gryffindor girl mumbled.

"Hey!" Logan protested at the same time as Maya.

"You wanna say that to my face?!!" Lily asked, threateningly, standing up from her seat.

The girl shook her head frantically.

Lily sat back down with a slightly proud look on her face.

"What?" She asked when she caught Logan looking at her.

"You go girl!" Logan whispered.

Maya, Lily, and Logan quietly giggled while the boy Marauders walked into the room. Logan waved to them and James made a heart with his hands for Lily who rolled her eyes.

"Alright class." Sprout said, "Let's get started!"

Herbology class went by quickly, as did the rest of the day's classes. At diner, Logan sat with Enna, Maya and Lily, the two latter girls had snuck over to the Hufflepuff table. They were eating and chatting amongst each other when Dumbledore rose to the podium.

"Look!" Maya whispered, pointing to the headmaster.

"I wonder what he's going to say..." Lily wondered aloud.

"Good evening Hogwarts." He said and the Great Hall immediately fell silent, "I know you all must be wondering what I could possibly have to say that is so important that I must interrupt your feast."

"He reads minds!" Maya whispered.

"Shh, Maya!" Lily hushed her.

"All of you entered this school with a choice." Dumbledore said, "A choice to decide what kind of person you wanted to be. A choice to start fresh. It is now that I ask you, once again, to choose. What kind of person do you want to be? It is not secret that we are on the brink of war-"

Hushed whispers erupted from all four tables. Even the teachers looked uncomfortable.

"-and the time will come when you have to choose a side."

Logan looked at the three girls around her. She then glanced over at the Gryffindor Table at Remus, Sirius, James and Peter. The four boys were staring back at their headmaster with intensity.

"I suppose what I am trying to say,"Dumbledore said, "is to choose wisely... that will be all."

Students got up from their tables and began to wander back to their common rooms.

"Well that was deep." Gianna said to the girls as she passed.

Logan nodded in acknowledgement. She couldn't help but wonder what kind of difficult decisions she and her friends would have to make in the future as she walked back to the Hufflepuff Common Room.

"Bye Logan! See you later, Enna!" Lily and Maya called as they reached the stairs that lead two different ways- one to the Gryffindor Common Room, the other to the Hufflepuff one.

"Bye!" Logan and Enna chorused in unison.

"We should do that more often." Logan said as the two walked together.

"Do what?" Enna asked.

"Talk in sync! It's creepy but cool!"

"No!" Enna protested, "We'd sound like the Prewett's!"

"Maybe the world would be a brighter place if more people talked like Fabian and Gideon Prewett!"

"And maybe everyone would sound like they are creepy telepathic twins!"

"Hey! The Prewett's are not creepy!"

"Maybe alone they aren't, but when they are together... creepy..."

Logan giggled at her friend's antics. 

"No way!" She said.

"Yes way!" Enna replied.

"Enna Davis, you are one crazy chicken."

"...did you just call me a chicken?"

"Yep!"

"And I'm the crazy one?!!"

"Enna!"

Enna laughed and knocked on the barrels to get into the Hufflepuff Common Room.