Chapter 46: The Falling Out

To say that Lily was exhausted would be a bit of an understatement

To say that Lily was exhausted would be a bit of an understatement. She fell asleep twice during the History of Magic Exam alone, but then again, so did half the class. After the DADA exam, Lily and Logan headed outside to get some fresh air while Enna went to sleep in her dorm and Maya chatted with her other roommates.

"Lily, do you want to sit by that tree?" Logan asked the half asleep girl.

"No, that's where the Marauder's always sit."

"Yeah, I was kinda hoping to see them- or not?" She asked as Lily's eyes fluttered closed, "Lily?"

The red haired girl startled awake and looked over at Logan.

"Hmm?"

"Let's go sit on the grass over there." Logan suggested.

"Mkay." Lily mumbled and allowed herself to be guided over to the spot Logan had in mind.

"This is nice, fresh air and all." Logan started to say, conversationally, before realizing Lily was asleep.

Logan sighed and looked up at the sky. She, herself was also tired after spending the majority of the night up helping Maya study,  so it was no surprise when she closed her eyes and also drifted off to sleep. She awoke to the sound of chanting. Rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, she looked over to where the source of the noise was. James had his wand pointed at Severus, who was currently suspended midair.

"Lily!" Logan exclaimed, "I'll be right back!"

"What?" Lily mumbled as she woke up, but Logan was already storming over to the tree where the Marauders often sat.

"JAMES FLEAMONT POTTER!"

His eyes widened and he almost let Severus drop in his distressed state.

"Y-yeah, Logan?" James stuttered.

"What is the meaning of this?"

"I-I-um-"

"Lo, it was just a prank!" Sirius protested.

"This is bullying!" Logan roared, "You two are despicable! And Peter, how could you cheer them on?! And Remus, how could you just sit there reading?!"

"Logan, I-" Remus began, but he didn't get to finish his sentence because just then Lily had fully woken up and realized what was going on.

"POTTER!"

"H-hi Lily Flower?"

"Let. Him. Down. Now."

James' face contorted and he looked as if he was about to do it, until a sudden idea struck him. A stupid, desperate idea.

"I will if you'll go on a date with me." He stated boldly.

Lily's eyes widened in shock and then rage. James quickly apologized, but before he could let Severus down, Lily began to march over to him. Logan tried to hold her back as her eyes were murderous.

"No-stop-let-me-go!" Lily cried out.

"Put him down, James!" Logan commanded.

James did as he was told this time and Logan let Lily go. The two girls rushed over to Severus and began to check to see if he was okay. He pushed them away as the crowd around them laughed.

"Stop." He demanded.

"We were only trying to help-" Lily began.

"Well, I don't need help from mudbloods and freaks!" Severus yelled.

His eyes widened as soon as the words left his lips.

"Lily, Logan, I-"

James moved forward, without drawing his wand, too wrapped up in emotion to think properly. Sirius held him back, but there was no one to stop Logan. In true muggle fashion, she stormed up to Severus and punched him in the face.

"OW!" he yelped.

"Call me what you will, but don't you ever call Lily such a foul word again!"

"Logan, I'm sorry!" He cried.

"Come on Lily." Logan said to the red haired girl who was now beginning to cry angry tears.

"Wait!"

Logan spun around and saw Remus walking over.

"I'm really sorry, Logan, I-"

"Save it!" Logan snapped, "I'm done with you, Remus John Lupin!"

And she walked away from the four boys that she had felt so connected to. Away from the laughter they shared, the pranks they pulled and the friendship they offered. Away from being a Marauder. Away from Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew, Sirius Black and James Potter. On that day, Logan Moore walked away.

She and Lily headed back up to the castle and into a bathroom. By now, the tears flowing from Lily's eyes were of sorrow.

"I-I can't believe he did that!" She sobbed.

Logan embraced her.

"Shh, it's okay, just let it out."

"M-maybe he d-didn't mean it?" Lily asked.

"...I think he did, Lily. You see the kinds of people he hangs around with. It was only a matter of time before he was forced to choose- us or them."

"He choose them." Lily cried in disbelief.

"He choose them." Logan confirmed, through tears.

They cried for a little while longer before washing themselves up.

"I'm going to miss him." Lily admitted after a long moment of silence.

"...me too." Logan said, but in truth, she was going to miss all of them.

And the two girls left the bathroom and headed back up to Lily's dorm. It seemed as if the entire school knew of the girl's falling out with their friends, as everyone decided to leave them alone. Even Peeves decided to prank the boys who had hurt the girls so much instead of them as they walked by.

Once they had made it up to the Gryffindor Tower, they entered Lily's dorm, after ensuring that they wouldn't be caught sneaking a Hufflepuff through the Gryffindor Common Room, of course.

"What happened, Patricia told me that you two were involved in some kind of drama?" Maya asked as they closed the door behind them.

"We're fine." Lily said, "Just dealt with something that was long over due."

"...is it true that you punched Severus in the face, Logan?" Maya asked.

She nodded.

"And, Lily, that you would've killed Potter if Logan didn't hold you back?"

"I might've." Lily admitted.

"Wow, and to think, yesterday we were almost about to give them a chance." Maya marveled.

"Yeah..." Logan trailed off.

"Don't feel bad, Lo, it's not your fault that boys are jerks."

"Thank, A Jacks." Logan smiled weakly, "I just think I'm going to sleep for a while."