Chapter 54: The Park

When they reached Lily's house, the girls unloaded their trunks from the car and hauled them into the household

When they reached Lily's house, the girls unloaded their trunks from the car and hauled them into the household. The house was quaint and sort of small, but none of the girls minded.

"There are only three bedrooms- my parents, Tuney's and mine." Lily informed them, "So we'll have to sleep in the living room. I hope that's alright?"

"It's perfect, thanks Lily." Maya responded with a grin.

Lily beamed.

"Oh, good! Do you want to see my room?" She asked.

The other three girls nodded while Petunia brushed past them to head to her own room. Lily lead them down a narrow hallway and stopped in front of the door towards the end.

"Here it is." She said, opening the door.

Lily's room was painted lavender and she hung up posters of various muggle bands and some famous quidditch teams. She had an arrangement of pillows in her bed and a bookshelf in the corner. All in all, it was quite the charming room.

"Do you like it?" Lily asked nervously, fidgeting with the bottom of her jumper.

"Like it? I love it!" Maya squealed.

"It's quite beautiful." Enna said and Logan agreed.

Lily looked pleased with their reactions and then took them to the living room.

"You can put your trunks over here." She told them, pointing to a spot near one of the couches.

The three witches grabbed their trunks from their places by the front door and left them where Lily told them to. After Maya put down her trunk, she turned and walked over to the kitchen which was directly next to the living room.

"Say Lily?" She called upon discovering the microwave, "What's this contraption?"

"That's a microwave, Maya." Lily responded.

"What's it do?" She asked.

"It heats up food."

"How does it do that?"

"Well, it's plugged into the wall and-"

"Oh!" Maya exclaimed excitedly, "Does it run on elasticity?!"

"Electricity." Logan corrected.

"Right, that!"

"Yes, it does." Lily responded.

"Wow!"Maya marveled.

"Let's go outside." Lily suggested, and she then lead the girls to the backyard where there was a nice little garden.

"This is nice." Logan commented.

"Yeah, I know it's not that big, but it's home." Lily said.

"I think it's brilliant." Maya said.