Chapter 65: Old Fashioned That Way

"Christmas is nice

"Christmas is nice." James decided, hanging out with the other Marauders while they planned a prank- something the five hadn't done in a while.

"Hmm?" Sirius asked.

"It's nice until Lily is waking you up at the crack of dawn to dress you up like a nutcracker and throw you out into the snow." Logan said.

"...she doesn't do that... does she?" James asked.

Logan smiled.

"You're in for a real treat now that you're her boyfriend."

"...Christmas is not nice." James changed his mind.

"Oh Prongs, I'm sure it's not that bad." Remus reassured him.

James looked at Logan who shrugged.

"I'm doomed." He said, slumping down on the couch until he was hit with an idea, "Unless, you'd be so kind as to help me out, dear Birdie?"

"What?" She asked.

"Help me learn how to do Christmas Lily-style!"

"...no."

"Oh, come on, Lo!" James protested, "I don't even know what kind of gift to get her! And wrapping gifts? Forget it!"

"But I have my own buying and wrapping to do." Logan argued.

Sirius laughed.

"It's sweet you still think you can argue with him." Sirius said when Logan shot him a questioning glance.

"Please, Logan?" James pleaded.

She closed her eyes and began to consider his request.

"Fine. And only because I'd hate to see you two break up because you "don't know how to wrap a gift"." Logan said.

"Yay!" James cheered, bouncing up, "When do we start?!"

"But the prank!" Peter said.

"It's fine Pete," Sirius said giving James a knowing look, "We'll plan it another time. For now, let's just play Exploding Snap."

"Fine, but no transfiguring my wand into a hamster." Remus said.

"I was trying to make a friend for Peter!" Sirius exclaimed.

Remus shook his head in disapproval.

"Okay, I suppose we can start now-" Logan began.

"OKAY!!!" James yelled in excitement, running up to his dorm to grab his coat and Sirius' for Logan, since she hadn't brought one with her to the Gryffindor Common Room.

"Slow down!" Logan pleaded as he re-emerged, throwing Sirius' coat at her and attempting to drag her down the stairs.

"Stop being such a slowpoke!" James replied.