Chapter 55: Crushes

After dinner, the girls helped the two adults wash up while Petunia went down to her room to phone her boyfriend

"She does that everyday after dinner." Lily whispered to the girls so that her parents wouldn't hear.

"Wow, I wonder how that "phone" works!" Maya whispered back.

"Telephone wires." Logan replied before turning to Lily, "Is he nice?"

"I've only met him twice." Lily shrugged, "He seems really stuck up, but Tuney is convinced he's the one."

"Telephone wires?! Ingenious!" Maya marveled.

"Wow." Enna whispered back, "I hope she changes her mind."

"So do I." Lily sighed before she smiled with an evil gleam in her eyes, "Maybe we could set her up with someone better?"

"Interfering with your sister's love life again?" Mr. Evans asked, standing right next to them, causing the girls to jump.

"Sorry dad." Lily apologized, "I just don't like that "Vernon". What makes him good enough for Tuney?"

Mr. Evans sighed.

"I'm not overly found of the fellow to be honest, but Petunia's got her heart set on him. Besides, I doubt I'd cozy up to the boys either of my girls are dating. Speaking of dating, how's that fellow that you're always sending letters to?" Mr. Evans said.

"Dad!" Lily protested, "He's just a friend!"

"Sure thing." Mr. Evans winked, heading back to help his wife at the sink.

"Who are you sending letters to?" Maya asked.

"No one." Lily said.

"Lily?" Logan questioned.

"I bet she has a bunch of his letters saved in her desk draw!" Maya whispered.

"No! I don't!" Lily replied panicking.

Maya smirked before turning and rushing out of the kitchen.

"MAYA JACKSON!" Lily yelled, running after her.

Logan and Enna exchanged a look before following them. Lily managed to tackle Maya, but not before the brunette found one of the letters and read the sender's name.

"James Potter?!" Maya demanded, standing back up from the floor.

Lily pushed her hair out of her face.

"It was only a few times and I was just asking for the ancient runes homework! And I only kept his responses to make sure I didn't forget his address!"

"Why didn't you ask us?" Maya asked.

"You don't take ancient runes!" Lily pointed out, snatching the letter from her grasp.