Chapter 16: They Call Her Birdie

A silver sparrow came shooting out of Logan's wand and proceeded to fly around the room

A silver sparrow came shooting out of Logan's wand and proceeded to fly around the room. Logan laughed and kept up the spell for as long as she could. When she was finished, she felt drained. Remus unwrapped a candy bar and offered her some.

"Here Logan, eat some chocolate."

"Why?"

"Because you're not you when you're hungry."

Logan took the chocolate and ate it.

"Better?"

"Better!"

The two laughed while the other three looked on in confusion. Suddenly James had an idea.

"Hey, we should call her Tweety!" James said.

"Seriously?" Logan asked, "You don't know who Sherlock is but you know who Tweety Bird is?"

"Birdie?" Sirius asked.

"Chippie?" James tried.

"Gray bird?"

"Crumb Catcher?"

"Wren?"

"Flying thing?"

"Bird Brain?"

The last one earned Sirius a glare.

"Call me whatever you like, except for- Bird Brain."

"Okay... Birdie." Remus decided. Logan smiled at him and looked away.

"Oh gosh, it's getting late!" Logan noted, "I better go back to my dorm."

"Okay, see ya tomorrow Lo!"

"Bye Sirius. Bye James. See you tomorrow Peter."

"I'll walk back with you." Remus offered.

"Thanks."

And the two walked back to the Hufflepuff Common Room.

"Bye Mooney." Logan said, using his nickname for the first time.

"Bye Birdie."

The next morning Logan woke up with a smile on her face. For the first night in what felt like forever, she hadn't had any nightmares.She got up and got dressed in her costume. Enna helped her fasten the wings and she returned the favor.