Chapter 79: Imperio

"Are you sure you don't want me to hex them?" Sirius asked again, after Logan told him the story of how she ended up in Dumbledore's office with the Cypress twins, Carley and Dina

"I'm sure, Padfoot." Logan sighed, but she was smiling.

"What did Professor Dumbledore say after they left?" Remus asked.

"He said that if I ever needed anything, even after I left Hogwarts, to let him know." She said.

"Hmm, that's nice of him." Lily said.

"Yeah, but the way he said it makes me worry." Logan said.

"Why?" James asked.

"Because he made it sound like one day I would be in some sort of terrible danger and I would need his help to survive." She admitted.

"You're overthinking it, I'm sure he was just being nice." Maya said, patting her on the shoulder.

Logan nodded, but she didn't miss the way her friends exchanged worried glances. It was no secret that Voldemort was after her for her powers and it was only a matter of time before her luck of avoiding Death Eaters ran out.

"I'm going to go to the kitchens." Logan suddenly declared.

"Okay." Remus said, standing up with her.

"It's okay, I can go alone." She said.

He furrowed his brows.

"You sure...?"

"I'm sure."

"Maybe that's not the best idea..." Lily spoke up.

Logan groaned.

"Would you please stop?" She asked.

"Stop what?" Maya asked.

"Stop looking at me like that. Like I'm some sort of dangerous weapon about to explode. Like you're afraid of what I might do... what I can do..." Logan trailed off.

"We aren't scared of you, if that's what you think." James said.

"Yeah, we are scared for you." Lily added, "You could be ambushed-"

"In the kitchens?" Logan asked, "Really? There will be house elves there anyways, I'll be safe."

"Hogwarts isn't really the safest place to-"

"I'm going." Logan said, "See you later."

She got up and left the Gryffindor Common Room. Naturally, she was halfway to the kitchens when she was dragged around the corner by a figure in the shadows.

"Hey!" She protested.

"Shh!" The figure hissed.

"What are you doing?! Who are you?" She panicked, pushing them away.