Capter 50: Family Reunion

"No

"No."

"Logan-"

"No! I said no!" She said frantically, standing up and beginning to pace around Dumbledore's office.

"Logan, you should at least hear me out." Dumbledore advised.

"You cannot just invite me here to tell me you know who my parents are! I don't want to know! They left me!" She cried.

"Logan, they may have not had a choice." Newt explained carefully.

"What?" She asked, snapping her head in his direction, "And what do you have to do with my parents, anyways, Newt?"

"I-er, well, I had a younger cousin. Caroline, was her name. She was never quite like the rest of my family, that witch." Newt explained softly, "She wasn't one for rules unless you sat her down and explained the reasoning behind them. Caroline only liked rules that made sense to her. Now that I think of it, I should have known."

"Known what?" Logan questioned.

"I always assumed that she was killed by Grindelwald all those years ago. And while she was, I never knew the full story. As it turns out, my cousin, Caroline, met a muggle man named Jonathan Moore, with whom she fell deeply in love with. She was an ally of Dumbledore, and it was widely known that she was associated with me as well. Two people Grindelwald despised. So, she went into hiding. And while even her closest family and friends believed her to be dead, she lived on in secret with Jonathan and her daughter. Four years later, Grindelwald got news of her locations. Then, my dear little cousin made the hardest choice she'd ever have to make."

"Wha- what?" Logan whispered.

"To give you up."

The room was spinning. Logan sank down into a chair.

"Caroline knew that the only way to save your life was to ensure that you never met again. She and Jonathan drove you to the Children's Center and left you in the care of the muggles there. They were both murdered six days later."

Logan felt tears fall down her face.

"Th- that can't be true! They can't be- be-..." She panted.

The lights flickered.

"Deep breaths, Logan." Newt reminded her, "But don't hold it in, let it out."

Images of her mother and father came swirling into her mind. She could picture Caroline and Jonathan Moore, her mother with honey colored hair and warm brown eyes, her father with reddish brown hair and blue eyes. She could picture their smiles. She could picture their tears as they drove away, without an explanation as to why? Why did they give up their precious little girl?

Only now she knew the answer. To save her life.

"I never wanted this." She whispered, "I never wanted to believe that my parents stopped loving me, but I never wanted them to- to... die. I want to hate them. I want to hate them for letting me go. I want to despise them and everything they've ever done, not feel this- this pain."

"If I know anything, it's that once Caroline love someone, she never stopped. I have no doubt in my mind that your mother loved you until her dying breath." Newt spoke, tears on his face as well.

Logan looked down at her shoes.

"How did you find all this out?" She asked.

"I was researching your lineage." Newt explained, "I thought that some closure with your parents would be beneficial."

She nodded.

"Thank you."

"No, Logan, thank you. I've always wanted another companion."

"What?"

"Of course, you'll still attend Hogwarts during the school year-"

"What?!"

"-but you'll be sure to visit over breaks-"

"What?!"

"-and then there's summers of course."

Logan looked at Newt as if he'd grown another head.

"Why, you don't really believe I'd let you go back to the orphanage, did you? Even before I found out we were related, I knew you were a keeper." Newt smiled.

She blinked and waited a moment as if anticipating him to jump up and say "just kidding"! He didn't. She embraced Newt into a firm hug.

"Y-you're-g-going to-" she cried into his shoulder.

"Yes, Logan." He said, "I'm going to take care of you."

She smiled sadly and drew apart.

"Thank you Newt." She said.

Newt smiled.

"Now, why don't you run along and tell your friends the good news?" Newt suggested, "And don't forget to tell your boyfriend too!"

"I told you, Fabian and I broke up." Logan reminded him.

"I know." He said with a wink.

Logan shrugged and left the office. She made her way back down to the lake where she told the Marauders the news. When they heard, James picked her up and spun around in a circle. Sirius shook her hand, which would have been odd, but it was Sirius so it was okay.

After talking to the boys, she went and found Lily, Maya and Enna, telling them of her new realities as well.

"Wow, that's great Logan!" Lily cheered.

"You still should come over my house this summer though." Enna smiled.

"Only if I'm still invited." Logan teased.

"You're always invited over my house, you goose!" Enna remarked.

"Good! That means I can sneak into your house in the middle of the night and fill your room with dung bombs!"

"Eww!" Maya said, "Enna, maybe you better take that statement back."

"No, it's okay, I'm sure Logan won't really do that." Enna replied, "Although you never know, with her hanging around the Marauders everyday."

"Hey!" Logan pretended to be insulted.

"Oh, Logan." Lily sighed.

"Oh, Lily."

"Oh, Maya." Maya said.

The other three girls gave her a look.

"What? I didn't want to feel left out!" She protested.

"Whatever you say A Jacks, whatever you say." Lily said,

Maya rolled her eyes before suggesting they head to the Great Hall for dinner. Out of the corner of her eye, Logan spotted Severus lurking in the shadows.

"Sounds good." Enna said.

"You guys go ahead, I'll be right there." Logan said.

"You sure?" Lily asked.

"Positive."