Chapter 1

November 2004 (6 years after the Second Wizarding War)

Hermione Granger sat in a Starbucks in muggle London, sipping her caramel apple spice while she waited for her best friend, Ginny Potter to arrive. Ever since Hermione had been promoted to head of her department, it was difficult for them to find time to spend together. Sure, they saw each other every other Sunday at the Burrow for brunch, but they never really had any time for just the two of them to have some girl talk.

After a few minutes, Hermione looked up and saw her, cheeks flushed and shopping bags in hand, her brilliant red hair flowing out from beneath her white beanie and a wide smile plastered on her face. Hermione smiled at her ready to engulf her in a hug until she saw the tall, raven haired, emerald green eyed man behind her.

"What's he doing here!?" she protested.

"Nice to see you too, Hermione," Harry said as he pulled her into a hug.

"You know what I mean Harry," she smiled and hugged him back. "It's good to see you, but it's girls' day! You and I are supposed to have lunch together next week."

"He's leaving in a second 'Mione; I needed help carrying the bags and we have some news for you." Ginny interjected as she gave Hermione a hug as well.

"Honey, are you sure you don't want me to take some of those with me?" Harry asked as he tried to take some of the bags from Ginny.

Hermione smiled at her friends and how cute they were. They had gotten married a little less than two years prior and were currently living at the remodeled Grimmauld Place. Ginny had insisted it be completely redone before she would move in. Hermione didn't blame her to be honest; The place had been really creepy beforehand. Harry was an auror, right underneath the head auror, and Ginny was a chaser for the Holyhead Harpies.

"You said you had news?" Hermione asked as she invited them to sit down.

"Yes! You'll never guess who we just saw!" Ginny said excitedly.

"Gin, you're yelling," Harry said, laughing at his wife's enthusiasm.

She waved him off. "Anyway, you'll never guess." She paused for dramatic effect. "Draco. Malfoy."

Hermione looked surprised. "Oh really? Where'd you see him?"

"At St. Mungo's--" Ginny continued but Hermione cut her off.

"Why were you at St. Mungo's? Is everyone okay?" she asked, with her brow furrowed in concern.

"Oh yeah, everyone's fine. We were there to check on the baby when we saw him." Ginny realized her slip up a second to late. Harry sighed and kissed her on the forehead.

"Baby?" Hermione asked confusedly.

"That's not how we planned on telling you," Harry said with a smile creeping onto his face.

"Oh my goodness! You're...NO WAY...ARE YOU SERIOUS?!" Hermione squealed with excitement as she got up to hug Ginny who was blushing furiously. "When did you find out? How far along are you?" she asked as she started caressing Ginny's stomach.

"I'm 3 months along; We've guessed for a couple of weeks but confirmed it today! That's why we were late; We were out shopping. I was going to tell you on Christmas by giving you this." She reached into one of the shopping bags, pulled out a gift wrapped box and handed it to Hermione.

Hermione opened the box and found a muggle style t-shirt that read "World's Greatest Aunt" inside. She smiled brightly and hugged her friends again. "Congratulations you guys! This is so exciting!"

"Thanks Hermione! We're very excited!" Ginny told her as she sat back down. "Anyway! About Draco--"

"That'll be my cue to leave," Harry said as he stood up. "Ginny has me exhausted from all the Christmas shopping." He hugged Hermione and gave Ginny a quick kiss as he gathered all of the shopping bags and headed out the door.

"He's so good to me," Ginny mused as she watched her husband leave. "I don't deserve him...but then again he doesn't deserve me either."

They both laughed and Hermione started to ask more about the baby. "We will talk about the baby in a minute! First, Draco."

"Okay Ginny. Since you aren't going to give me a choice are you?" she said with a laugh.

Ginny shook her head and continued. "So we were in the lobby waiting to be called. I was complaining because I wanted to go to a muggle healer--"

"Why did you want to go to a muggle doctor?" Hermione interjected.

"To avoid the press. Will you let me finish the story?" Hermione nodded and Ginny started again. "When they called us in, they took us to a room and we waited some more. A few minutes later Mr. Draco Malfoy himself walked into the room and told us he was going to be taking care of us."

"How did Harry take that?" Hermione laughed.

"Better than I would have expected him to." Ginny laughed too as she took a sip of Hermione's drink. "Although I don't think he was too keen on him doing the physical evaluation. Ooh this drink is good! I think I'll have one too. Do you have anymore muggle money?"

Hermione handed her the bills and she went off to get a drink for herself leaving Hermione to her thoughts.

'Draco Malfoy huh...I wonder how he's been...'