Chapter 19

Saturday morning, Hermione was sitting in the muggle London Starbucks that she and Ginny often patronized, waiting for her redheaded friend and Pansy to arrive. She chewed nervously on her nails trying to figure out why she was so nervous.

She had a row with Draco that morning because she was planning on ditching Pansy and Ginny to hang out with him. He had refused, saying that he had plans with Harry, Ron and Blaise. They were taking Teddy and Ravi on a day camping trip with their Young Wizard Scouts group and no girls were allowed.

Hermione took a sip of her water and sighed, checking her watch again. Ginny already knew about her betrothal to Draco but she had not told Pansy. Hermione studied the Malfoy family heirloom that was perched on her left hand ring finger and cringed at the thought of the scene that she knew her friends were going to make.

As if on cue, Ginny and Pansy came through the door laughing together. Hermione smiled to herself. Ginny and Pansy had become fast friends with their love of gossip, meddling and quidditch commonalities between the two of them.

"Hermione hello!" Pansy, who was carrying a sleeping baby James, greeted her friend with a hug. "How have you been? You've pretty much disappeared off the face of the earth these last few months."

"Oh I've been well. Just spending a lot of time with Draco and working. What about you? Why don't you sit down," Hermione responded politely, strategically keeping her hand out of view. She had originally planned to wait until they were away from prying eyes before she revealed her news to Pansy. She had spotted a few reporters from the Prophet near the door when she came in.

Pansy sat down and gave Hermione a hard look. "Cut the shit Hermione, what's going on?" she asked quietly.

Hermione bit her lip nervously and glanced at Ginny who had a triumphant smirk on her face. Hermione held out her hand to Pansy and smiled. "I guess we've got another wedding to plan this year.

Pansy shrieked and grabbed Hermione's hand to get a closer look. Everyone in the cafe turned and looked over to their table. Luckily, there were only a few people aside from themselves. James started to cry loudly and Ginny took her son from Pansy, glaring at her.

Hermione's face was bright red and she swore she had seen a flash go off. "Just great Pansy," she hissed angrily.

Pansy smiled sheepishly. "I'm sorry 'Mione! I'm just so happy for you and Draco!" She looked to Ginny for backup.

"Don't look at me, you woke my cranky, sleepy baby up," Ginny said as she tried to nurse James at the table. She had forgotten her nursing cover again, but she didn't really care; She just wanted to comfort her shrieking infant.

Apparently a large, burly man across the restaurant cared about Ginny's audacity to feed her son in public. "Oy! Lady! Put your tits away; it's indecent for you to be doing that in public!"

Hermione groaned inwardly. The reason they had come to muggle London was to avoid the attention they would attract in the wizarding world what with Hermione and Ginny being who they were. So much for anonymity. This man had picked the wrong witch to mess with.

Ginny was seething, Hermione and Pansy could see it in the way her face turned almost as red as her hair. She ignored the man at first but he threw a balled up napkin at her to get her attention and she lost it. She was out of her chair and in front of the man with her wand at his throat before Pansy or Hermione could stop her. James was still happily eating and Ginny was shaking with fury, her brilliant red hair swirling around her.

"You want to say that again, arsehole? If my son is hungry and if I want to feed him I will do so when and wherever I please."

The man was obviously a wizard because he was trembling as he glanced between Ginny's murderous expression and the wand pressed to his jugular.