Chapter 22

"Draco you're not driving," Hermione said with finality, climbing into the driver's seat of her new car.

She refused to allow Harry to drive her to and from work everyday so Draco's solution was to buy her a car. She protested of course and he had ignored her. A flashy sports car that he now desperately wanted to drive despite the fact that he had never driven before.

"Hermy please!" He asked imploringly, leaning in through the passenger window.

"I'll teach you how to drive when we're not already running late. Now, get in. My parents are expecting us.

Draco got in sulkily and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Seat belt please," Hermione said with a cheeky grin as she put on her sunglasses and pulled out of the driveway.

Thirty minutes later they arrived at the Granger home. Hermione pulled up to the large iron gate and pressed the buzzer.

"Granger residence," a voice called from the box. "How may I help you?"

"Hermione Granger here to visit my parents."

"Lady Granger! Come right in."

The gate swung open and Hermione drove down the long driveway. Draco stared out the window and his jaw hit the ground as a towering house came into view. The white stone house was at least three stories high and boasted large columns along the front. There was a long stone staircase that led up to the double doors at the entrance. The grounds were extensive and expertly manicured.

Hermione pulled the car to a stop and a tall boy in a suit came running to open her door. She got out and greeted him happily with a hug.

"Steven! Long time no see!" She handed him the keys and walked around to Draco's side. "Draco? Are you going to get out?" She asked, smoothing down her dress over her bump.

Draco stepped out of the car and with much difficulty, turned his gaze on her. "This is where your parents live? This is where you grew up? I thought--"

Hermione flashed a mischievous grin at him. "Never said I was poor Malfoy." She turned on her heel and started up the stairs.

"You never said you were rich either," he said laughing as he followed her up the stairs. "What do your parents do again? Fix teeth? It must be a lucrative business." He said, observing the intricate designs on the columns.

"My father is a Baron, Draco. This is an old family home. Although, they do pretty well for themselves without the family money."

The double doors opened as soon as the couple approached, revealing an extravagant entryway and the Grangers, waiting to greet their daughter. Hermione had not told her parents that she was bringing Draco but ever the gracious hosts, their surprise did not show on their faces.

"Hermione dear," Jean Granger held out her arms to embrace her daughter. Jean was slightly taller than Hermione and had the same warm smile and brown eyes. That was where their similarities ended. She had shoulder length, straight, black hair and was extremely thin. She donned a navy blue dress that stopped mid-calf, paired with silver heels and jewelry.

Hermione was a carbon copy of her father aside from his height and blue eyes. Mathias Granger stood about an inch or two shorter than Draco and had a stern look on his face.

Hermione embraced her father as well and he peered over her head skeptically at Draco. "Hermione, darling. Who is this?" He asked calmly, though Draco could sense tension and apprehension in his voice.

Hermione blushed and stepped back towards Draco, taking his hand in hers and trying to conceal her stomach. "Mother, Father. This is Draco Malfoy. We are to be married at the end of the year." She closed her eyes and braced herself for her parents' reactions.