Chapter 2

Draco sat quietly, deep in thought across from Pansy Parkinson at the Leaky Cauldron. They were on their lunch break and had come out for a quick bite to eat. Pansy was also a healer at St. Mungo's and was recently engaged to Blaise Zabini who was working in the International Magical Office of Law.

"Hello, earth to Draco." Pansy waved her hand in front of his face to catch his attention.

He looked up at her startled. "You alright there?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. You'll never guess who I saw today," Draco said.

"Who?" she asked as she took a bite of her salad.

"Harry Potter."

She nearly spit her salad out. "What?! Where did you see him?"

"At work, his wife is pregnant," Draco responded calmly.

"His wife? When did he get married?"

"Do you live under a rock Pansy? It was all over the Prophet when it happened. Maybe two years ago; He married Weaslette."

"Oh wow, I had no idea."

"Yeah, anyway, Weaslette cornered me about Hermione--"

"I'm pretty sure 'Weaselette' has a name Draco," she said with a smile tugging at the corners of her mouth.

He rolled his eyes. "Okay Ginny cornered me. She made Potter go get her some water--she wouldn't let him conjure it either. She actually made him leave the room to get her water. She has that man wrapped around her finger I swear. Anyway, I asked about Hermione and she suggested that I get in touch with her..." He looked up at Pansy to see how she would respond.

"Yeah and...?"

"And what do you think?"

"Draco I've been telling you to get in touch with her for the last four years. Of course you should contact her!"

He laughed as he sipped his drink. "I'm not sure how to go about it though--"

"Are you daft? Send her an owl, visit her at work, talk to Ginny; The options are endless! Sometimes I don't know why I bother with a tosser like you. Come on the lunch hour is almost over."

They got up and headed back to St. Mungo's. The entire afternoon, Draco was distracted by thoughts of Hermione. He wondered if she would even want to see him. Right before he left to go home, a snowy owl came flying into the window with a letter for him.

Draco,

It was nice to see you today! Thanks again for setting up the appointment with the midwife. To thank you, my husband and I would like to invite you to dinner at our home this upcoming Sunday evening. A certain witch of interest will also be in attendance. I expect to see you there and thank you in advance for accepting this invitation. See you Sunday at 6:00pm sharp! We live at 12 Grimmauld Place in London.

Sincerely,

Ginny Potter

Draco chuckled at her forwardness as he quickly scribbled a reply and gave it to the owl before he headed out the door. 'That was one problem solved' he thought to himself as he floo'd to his flat. 'I must remember to bring Ginny Potter some flowers for her kindness.'

********************

Harry stood in the kitchen finishing up dinner while he waited for his wife to wake up from her nap. She had walked in the house after spending the day with Hermione, sent a letter with their owl Gypsy and promptly passed out on the couch after she threw on one of his old quidditch shirts. Just when he was about to go wake her up, Gypsy came in the open window with a letter. He didn't usually read mail that was addressed to Ginny but something about the seal on this letter made him open it.