Chapter 3

Draco rang the bell of Number 12 Grimmauld place at 5:55pm. The door swung open before he could remove his finger from the bell. He found himself looking at a tiny blue haired boy in pyjamas and slippers who stared up at him with curiosity.

"Umm...I must have the wrong house..." Draco started to back down the stairs and to his horror the little boy started to follow. The little boy hadn't spoken but was standing on the top step, his large blue eyes boring into Draco's panic filled grey eyes.

"Uhhh...where is your mummy and daddy? I'm sure they wouldn't want you outside." Draco asked the boy timidly; He never knew how to behave around children.

The little boy kept his eyes on Draco and yelled, "MUMMY! THERE'S A MAN HERE!"

Draco heard the click clack of heels and a little witch with brilliant red hair came into view. She was wearing a fitted dark blue cocktail dress that showed off her very small, but noticeable baby bump.

"Teddy dear did you call me?" she asked as she rounded the corner, putting an earring into her ear. When she saw the open door and the little boy on the porch, her eyes went wide as she grabbed him.

"Teddy! What did I tell you about answering the door without mummy or daddy? And it's cold outside! You could get sick. Go find daddy so he can put you in the bed." She kissed him on the head and swatted him on the bottom as he ran back into the house.

She stood up and smiled warmly at Draco who was standing hesitantly on the bottom step. "Draco! I'm so sorry; I was in the kitchen and I didn't hear the bell. Do come in."

He walked through the door and handed her a bouquet of pink roses.

"Oh thank you! These are lovely! May I take your coat?" she asked.

He handed her his coat and said as casually as he possibly could, "I didn't know you and Potter already had a child. Why didn't you mention it at your appointment the other day? That's important to know."

Ginny smirked at him, "Harry and I don't have any biological children yet." She dropped her voice and continued, "Teddy is actually your cousin...kind of."

He looked at her incredulously. She nodded and finished explaining. "His parents were Remus Lupin and Nymphadora Tonks. Harry is his godfather and we adopted him when we got married."

"Excuse me if I'm being too forward, but does he know about his parents? He called you mummy--"

"We've told him as much as you can explain to a six year old. We've shown him pictures and everything. We told him he doesn't have to call us mum and dad but he keeps insisting that I'm his mummy and Harry is daddy. He says he's a lucky boy because he has two mummies and two daddies who love him so we stopped pushing the issue. We'll explain more as he gets older." A tear fell down her cheek. "I'm sorry for the tears, it's the hormones."

"Hey Gin, Teddy said you told him he didn't have to go to bed--" Harry started as he came into the entryway. He broke off when he saw Ginny crying and Draco standing there awkwardly patting her on the back.

"Malfoy when did you get here?" Harry asked as he pulled his wife into his arms and she broke down sobbing. Draco just stood there staring at the crying woman. Harry noticed his concern and reassured him. "She's fine, she's been crying on and off all day. OW! Ginny!" She had stomped on his foot and stormed off.

Draco laughed inwardly as his former enemy looked up to the ceiling and closed his eyes, trying to curb his frustration.

"Anyway, Malfoy--er--Draco. Welcome to our home." He extended his hand to Draco who shook it tentatively. "Come into the drawing room for now; I'm sure Ginny will want to give you a tour once we get Teddy into bed."