Chapter 12

Hermione was sitting in her office finishing up a meeting with her secretary.

"Is there anything else Elise?"

"No, Ms. Granger. I will let you know when your 3:00pm appointment arrives." She stood up and left the office closing the door behind her.

Hermione let out a deep breath and took a sip of her tea. She was feeling rather restless. She stood up and walked around her office to get her blood flowing again. She glanced at the clock on the wall and frowned. It was 1:33pm; Only three minutes had passed since she last checked the time.

After admiring the beautiful bouquet Draco had sent that morning, she sat back down at her desk and reached for the first file on the stack. A short while later there was a quiet knock at her door. Elise poked her head in with a wide smile on her face. "Ms. Granger, you have a visitor."

"I don't take visitors who don't make appointments, "Hermione replied without looking up from the file.

"I don't need an appointment to see you Granger." Hermione's head jerked up at the familiar voice and a smirk formed on her face.

Elise opened the door all the way to let the visitor in. He shot Elise a wink, causing her to giggle like a schoolgirl, before he plopped down into the chair in front of Hermione's desk and shook his brown hair out of his face.

Hermione closed her file and clasped her hands together. "To what do I owe the pleasure Theo?"

He gasped in mock indignation. "Ms. Granger! An employee can't come and visit his boss just for the hell of it?"

"Not when he's supposed to be working."

Hermione had hired Theo shortly after the new year upon finding out his interest in law and his high N.E.W.T. scores. It had been almost a month and she was very happy with her new employee's work; Not so much with his ability to goof off.

"Granger relax," Theo said leaning further back into his seat. "It's Valentine's Day, maybe you could unthaw that heart of yours for just twenty-four hours."

"For the sake of your job and our friendship, I'll pretend you didn't say that," Hermione replied, trying to keep a stern look on her face. "Speaking of Valentine's Day, do you and Marigold have plans?"

"That's over," he said casually.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that," Hermione responded dryly.

"Liar, you're probably jumping for joy inside your head. I can only imagine how Pans is going to react."

She couldn't keep the smile off of her face any longer. "You're absolutely right. That girl was all wrong for you."

"And you know someone who's right for me?" he replied, challenging her.

"I actually think I do. But why should I help you?"

They held each other's gaze for a few moments before the cocky look fell from his face. "Hermione, please!" he whined.

"Absolutely not."

"Why?! Hermione, come on! Please!" He was practically begging.

"Why?! Are you serious? I'm not risking my secretary just to satiate your needs."

Theo sat up in the chair and blinked at her. "Elise is different 'Mione. She's so...kind...and she makes me laugh. I really like her," he said quietly.

Hermione studied her friend for a few moments. "IF, and that's a big if, I were to help you, what would you need me to do?"

His smile came back in full force. "Not much, I can ask her out on my own, just put in a good word for me."