Chapter 6

"Merlin's polka-dot galoshes! What time is it? Draco?!"

"Hermione calm down! Its half seven."

"Calm down?! I have to be at work in an hour and a half and by the way, where the hell are we? And how are you dressed to perfection already?" She stood up and the sheets fell from around her. She was so busy trying to figure out what to do she didn't realize she was pacing in front of Draco in just her knickers.

He grabbed her by her shoulders. "Herrrrrmy just calm down!" She stopped pacing abruptly and her dark panic filled eyes searched his for answers. "First of all, we are in Paris, at one of my family's hotels. And before you ask, because I know you're going to, no we did not sleep together; I slept in the adjoining suite. Second, I had the concierge purchase you some clothes for work so all you have to do is get dressed. Okay?"

She nodded before he continued. "Now. Go take a shower and get dressed. As much as I love this ensemble, we should get a move on.

Her eyes went wide with realization and she ran into the bathroom covering her chest as Draco stood there laughing.

Fifteen minutes later she called him from the bathroom. "Draco?"

"Yes Granger?" he responded from the other side of the door.

"How much did these clothes cost? They're certainly fancier than anything I've ever owned." She opened the door and stepped out in a black pencil skirt and blazer with a low-cut purple top underneath.

He shrugged. "Not sure. Adrienne, the concierge, said she got them from some muggle designer she says she always wished she could afford."

Hermione stopped brushing her hair and looked at him suspiciously. "What muggle designer?"

He groaned and left the room. He came back a few minutes later with a Chanel shopping bag. "Channel?"

Hermione stared at him. "Chanel! No, no, no. I'll never be able to pay you back for this I'll just have to stop home before I go to the office."

"Relax Granger. Think of it as a birthday gift to make up for the last four birthday's I've missed. And this can be your Christmas present." He handed her a black purse that matched her new outfit. "Adrienne said it was all a set."

She scowled but sat down on the bed and put on the towering heels Pansy had leant her the night before.

"Want to get breakfast before you head into work?"

"Sure! What did you have in mind?"

"The hotel serves a French style breakfast. There's also a cafe around the corner that I frequent when I'm here."

She checked her watch. "I guess it'd be faster to just eat here."

"Your wish is my command mademoiselle." He offered her his bent elbow.

She took it and laughed. "I forgot how funny you are."

After they finished their breakfast, he apparated them back to London where they went their separate ways. He promised to come calling that weekend so they could hang out again and she could return Pansy's shoes and dress.

She walked into the atrium of the ministry surprised to see several reporters near the fountain. She was even more surprised when they started to take pictures of her. She was so surprised in fact, that she stood staring back at them, rooted to the spot. After a few moments, someone took her by her waist and pulled her away from the reporters toward the lifts. Once inside, she turned and saw Harry looking at her in confusion.

"Oh! Good morning, Harry! Thank you for that. Why are they still so fascinated with us? The war ended years ago. Your tie is askew let me fix it." By the time she fixed his tie and tried, unsuccessfully, to smooth down his unruly hair, they had reached her floor.