Chapter 11

Hermione was frozen in place. "What did you say Draco?"

He pulled back and frowned at her panic filled face. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"You've been waiting six years to kiss me? What do you mean by that?" She drew back from him and crossed her arms over her chest.

He hesitated, confused at her behavior. "I mean that I like you Hermione. That I have liked you since our last year at Hogwarts," he said slowly.

"Oh." She moved back towards him seemingly battling with herself. She looked up at him and wanted to smooth the worry out of his face. At the same time she had to know.

"Why did you leave Draco? Four years ago? If you liked me, why did you leave?"

Draco was surprised by her question, or at least the timing. He wanted to be snogging her again, not discussing horrible memories of the past. He stroked her cheek gently and she closed her eyes, leaning into his hand. "I can't tell you just yet Herms."

Her eyes popped back open and she frowned at him. "And why not?"

"You said you trusted me earlier."

She nodded. "I do, but--"

"Trust me on this. I promise I will tell you in due time. But now is not the right time."

She sighed and leaned back into his embrace. "Fine. But I won't forget. If you don't tell me, I will ask again."

He chuckled and hugged her back. "I'm sure you will." He glanced at his watch again to Hermione's dismay.

"Do you have somewhere else to be Draco?" she asked irritatedly.

"No, I'm right where I'm supposed to be," he responded, pulling her closer to him. "Why would you ask that?"

She blushed at his affection and buried her face deeper into his chest. "You keep checking your watch."

He pulled back and bit his bottom lip, deciding whether or not he should tell her.

"What is it Malfoy?"

"I don't have somewhere to be, we have places to be," he said cryptically.

"What do you mean?"

"We're going to chase the new year," he answered with a grin.

She stared blankly at Draco who was smiling widely.

"What the hell does that mean?" She asked, laughing at his enthusiastic expression.

He groaned. "We're going to chase the new year! Now that we've celebrated the new year here in Barcelona, we're going back a time zone to London to celebrate there. And then back another time zone to Reykjavik and so on...chasing the new year!"

Her jaw dropped. "Draco. You planned all of this for me?" she asked quietly.

He blushed. "Yeah. I meant what I said earlier. You deserve this and so much more."

The small brunette closed the small gap between them and reached up to kiss her blonde companion. "This is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me. Thank you."

He smiled down at her. "Yeah, yeah, Hermione you make me a sap. We should get going though if we're going to make it." He looked at his watch again. "It's already 12:30. Are you ready?" He reached out his hand to take hers so that they could disaparate.

She smiled and took his hand. When she opened her eyes again they were back in London. They rung in the new year there with a passionate kiss before heading to Iceland and then Greenland and finally New York City, repeating the process each time.